What is so difficult to understand?

meatball

Complete and utter rubbish. Most of those players were unknowns when Paul Mitchell spotted them and would have been happy to come to any Premier League club. Mitchell was, admittedly, a brilliant head of recruitment and that's how we got them.

If Les and Kat weren't so desperate to cash in on them at the earliest opportunity, the players would be with us for longer and we might actually win something. But, Paul Mitchell, the creator of the black box, has gone and nowadays we're getting the mediocre signings that other clubs don't want like Nathan Redmond and Jeremy Pied and equally poor managerial appointments like Eric Black.

Van Dijk was the last of the players Paul Mitchell identified for Saints. Meanwhile in Spurs' last game, there were 6 of Mitchell's players in the starting lineup : Dele Alli, Son Heung-Min, Wanyama, Alderweireld, Wimmer and Trippier.

The good news is Mitchell has handed in his notice at Tottenham and he would be the ideal replacement for Les Reed when he retires at 65 this year.

Just catching up with the forum for the first time in a few days, and have been reading a few threads in the past 30 mins.

I am not picking on you, but I have asked before, what is your massive problem with Les Read?

I am not saying the man has been faultless, but you seem to bring every post back to him. Do you think that if Les Read were to retire, then everything would be massively better?, or are you just Paul Mitchell angling for a job.

I am genuinely interested in why you hate the man so much, as its becoming as regular as dalek trying to big up Glenn Hoddle.