Anyone see the game?

saintwarwick

Apparently Marchwood from division six of the City of Southampton Sunday League had failed to win a game for three-and-a-half years, lost the last 60 games and conceded 617 goals. They finally won a game on Sunday when they beat LFC Walsall 4-2. Anyone ever see this team in action? Do they have a dutch setup?

who'd play for a team that shipped in 10+ goals a game every game for 3 years? football is about winning, not taking part.

It happens, I have read other similar stories, some players are clearly not up to standard but play for the fun of it. Professionals adopt the "it's not the taking part that counts but winning" however a lot of people adopt the "it's the taking part that counts". Incidentally the manager, Andrew Bennett, said after the game "relief was the main emotion for everyone".

Yeah i played against then in there first season in Junior 6, we played then 3 times beat the 16 - 0 , 12-0 and 10-0.

Fair play to them though!!!

Those were te days hey Andy. I even manged to put 4 past them in those games!!

You got to admire them for turning out week in week out, I couldn't!!

In the 12 - 0 game they did actually score the opening goal, good finish, their players went mad cause they had taken the lead against the league leaders but it was short lived as the off side flag was up :-)