Charitable donations - Saints players. Should we help in times of need?

spyinthesky

Saints fans have always had a good reputation for digging into their pockets for charitable causes.

Bearing in mind that many of 'our' first team squad must be living in households struggling to cope with the lack of win bonuses and other contractual benefits, perhaps we could all look at ways of raising funds to help the poor unfortunates.

Most of them have large houses, top of the range cars, wives/girlfriends (and for some, I've heard, both) and expensive lifestyles to pay for.

We mustn't also forget members of their extended families (otherwise known as Players Agents) who must also be struggling to cope financially.

However, for Agents, this is likely to be a mere short term cash flow blip as most of them will be flush come summer time when the majority of their clients will, of necessity, have to be relocated to less salubrious parts of our wonderful country or repatriated abroad in order to commence their rehabilitation programmes.

Within all this dreadful hardship, due credit must be given to -our' Management team who have recognised the financial hardship currently imposed on the poor unfortunates and have tried to assist by ensuring as many players as possible have been allowed to grace the hallowed turf therefore ensuring that appearance money is evenly distributed throughout the squad.

This charity might be a better cause following Redmond's pledge earlier in the season.....................https://talksport.com/football/nathan-redmond-donate-cash-every-goal-and-assist-he-gets-southampton-171019258928

LOL. That genuinely made me laugh. 0 goals and 3 assists.

What I like from that link is.......The Saints are still just four points behind the top five and sit 11th ahead of Saturday's visit of West Brom.