Windows Live Quicktime Control Host

gaz

I've run into a problem with this laptop the past few days.

I'm getting a popup when I open folders on the HDD containing images and videos and other apparently random times, which says ''Windows Live Quicktime Control Host has stopped working and needs to close''.

Clicking More Info comes up with this:

24211872.jpg

A couple of days ago my bro finally updated his iPhone through iTunes to the latest version, and I think in doing that he installed the latest iTunes too, along with all the crap associated with it (Safari, Bonjour etc). Normally I wouldn't let him just install a program with all the added crap but I wasn't around. I removed the following from the Add/Remove Programs page:

- Apple Application Support

- Bonjour

- Safari

- MobileMe Control Panel

and some unused drivers for a cable we don't use anymore, along with Java 6 Update 7 as we've got a newer version.

And since then I've had the popup. You can carry on viewing and doing whatever I want to do with the folders, but its a bloody annoying box.

Google doesn't help on this occasion so I'm guessing its not a common problem. Nothing comes up on MBAM so I don't think there's anything malicious in there, just a conflict with programs (probs the ones I removed). I tried a System Restore to before I took the programs out, but it said it wasn't successful.

Any ideas?

Slight problem, how to uninstall Photo Gallery? Its not listed in add/remove programs but according to this site, it should be: http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?market=en-US&project=WL_Photo_Gallery&querytype=topic&query=WL_Photo_Gallery_PROC_UninstallPhotoGallery.htm

Here's the closest to what it is:

capturepyy.jpg

Edit - Googled this issue and Windows Live Essentials needs removing before Photo Gallery appears, is that right?

Edit 2 - Never mind, just tried repairing Live Essentials, it said everything was fixed apart from Photo Gallery, so I'm taking out PG through Essentials. God I hate computer problems!

Edited by gaz

Hmm, thinking about it, I never use Windows Live Photo Gallery and after removing it and running without it all afternoon, I've had no popups, so I'm not going to put it back in.

Major thanks for the tipoff Mr Cake. :D