Gillingham sack Mark Stimson

hamster

The Gills have parted company with Mark Stimson. Not universally supported amongst the fans since taking over from non-league management but still managed a goliath effort to get promoted via play-offs last season. Unfortunately I think that keeping their talisman Simeon Jackson when he could clearly have brought in much needed funds for more strength in depth cost them their place in Div 3.

I think they had just 2 wins away from home in his time there including not a single win this time out. Good luck Mark but ultimately - FAIL.

Anyhow, I thought that I'd pass on my 'inside track' knowledge regarding his replacement. Despite publicly stating that he WILL NOT be sending in his CV, Andy Hessenthaller has opened talks with Paul Scally. Maybe he would not need to submit a CV after all, his first managerial post was right in at the deep end stewarding The Gills in their highest ever finish in the CCC following Peter Taylor's departure. He is almost unanimously the fans favourite for the post maybe now is the time for him to take the ho-seat once again? Cometh the hour and all that...

Note:

Scally reckons that he received over 30 applications thus far!