Intel DQ67EP motherboards

JackFrost

The company I work for has just started installing these into gigabyte MIBT5140s

They've ordered a total of 30 now and 7 of them appear to have failed straightaway, with exactly the same spec components being used in all units.(Intel Core i3 2100T, Kingston 4GB 1333MHz, Western Digital 1TB HD). After hitting the on button the fan spins around for a few seconds and then just stops. No beeps or anything on the screen at all.

Intel are being an absolute pain in the arse and are basically insisting the problem is anything but the mboard, even though we've swapped every component between a faulty and working unit to get the same result. Then as soon as we've swapped the mboard the problem has immediately gone to the other unit. Their technical support line seems to be more like a PR agency.

We did use Shuttle SN68s/SA76s and we had less motherboard failures in 2 and a half years than we've had with Intel in 2 and a half months.

Anyone had experience with these motherboards or intel in general?

The Mboard lighting up / fan spinning and then not starting again after that sounds like a short circuit to me. I only build a computer once every 4 or 5 years + whenever a friend wants a new build, so don't quote me on that! Make sure you are using the brass extending screws that come with the motherboards, don't screw the board straight onto the case. You might get away with it like 70% of the time, the rest of the time you are left scratching your head wondering what is going on. I'm sure you are a profesional though and you haven't made this particular balls up! :)

We used to be on the Intel Product Integrator scheme and Intel's support was second to none. At any one time, we could order up to ten Advanced Warranty Replacement boards and they would turn up next day without fail from Ireland. Rather than approaching Intel, why haven't you gone to wherever you bought the boards from?

We used to be on the Intel Product Integrator scheme and Intel's support was second to none. At any one time, we could order up to ten Advanced Warranty Replacement boards and they would turn up next day without fail from Ireland. Rather than approaching Intel, why haven't you gone to wherever you bought the boards from?

We have and they'd agreed to replace them all. Strangely the latest batch have been no problem at all