Car problem

Townhillsaintsfan

I know there is a few on here who seem to know a bit about cars so i'm just wondering if anyone could advise me as to what might be wrong with my Citroen C2. Its been an ongoing problem, that in usually colder weather, shortly after I begin driving the engine diagnostics light comes on and virtually lose all power. I have to stop and switch off, then when I restart the light remains on but usually the car will continue as normal until recently when it seems to stall immediately and takes a few times before it will continue.

I've tried leaving the engine on for a while before I begin driving but this doesnt seem to work and I have taken it to two different garages to have it checked but they find no problem, I've also had breakdown recovery check it but again no problem associated with losing power was found.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what it might be, i'd appreciate any advice you could give.

We have two C2 vans (essentially the same but with no back seat) that over the last year have had similar issues, management light coming on and pollution warning display resulting in loss of power. To cut a long story short we took them to various garages and were told the ECU's needed replacing by a Citroen Dealer. However they then found poor connections to the ECU on both vans. On one they just cleaned it and the other they replaced the connector and then reset the fault codes, they have been fine ever since.

Might not be the same issue but may be worth a look.