Nexus 10

pap

Whilst Google execs descending on the houses of Nexus 10 owners and smearing their exec-excrement on the walls is obviously the most likely reason for the mass product return papster, I'm happy to indulge Essruu.

Occam's Razor, innit?

At first I thought Essruu was simply shooting for humour, then I allowed my mind to wander and had a vision of him posting here with one hand on his Mini, whilst thumbing the washing instructing label of a familiar blanket with the other hand, rocking backward and forward mumbling "I miss you Steve".

The very Mini that signalled Apple's entry into the market as a me-too merchant? The device which marks the the point at which Apple said "hey, let's not define the market. Let's follow it"? I'd say that the more rabid Macsturbators of this world are doing some serious soul-searching at the moment. Tim Cook seems a competent enough bloke, but he's not the visionary firebrand that Jobs was.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's the only logical explanation for Apple's #1 benefactor continually posting in Android threads - either that or he's on the cusp of moving away from Apple to Android.

Feck mate, in terms of relative personal abuse, that is the most vicious thing I've seen on SaintsWeb.

Apple's good kit Essruu. Really good kit. I'd stay with it if it suits you.

Yes, and to add - I have Apple kit in my house too. It's very nice, but honestly, the only reason I'm going to maintain an iOS device is because of the stuff I've already bought. The walled garden works. That said, my purchases on the App Store are starting to dry up and I am thinking of making the long term move over to Droid.

All the apps I use day to day exist there. Buying more Apple stuff seems to a certain extent, like throwing good money after bad.

Yes, and to add - I have Apple kit in my house too. It's very nice, but honestly, the only reason I'm going to maintain an iOS device is because of the stuff I've already bought. The walled garden works. That said, my purchases on the App Store are starting to dry up and I am thinking of making the long term move over to Droid.

All the apps I use day to day exist there. Buying more Apple stuff seems to a certain extent, like throwing good money after bad.

+1 perfectly encapsulates my own position. The main two things that were keeping me with iOS was the slick and polish of the interface where everything just *worked*, and the legacy connection to the various bits of compatible kit I own.

With the former, a steady rise in the quality of the Android user experience seems to have coincided with a similar fall in iOS, to the point that Google's offering now seems the more polished. Can you imagine the Maps or Podcasts debacles happening (and remaining unresolved for so long) when Jobs was in his pomp?

For the latter, ironically Apple themselves torpedoed all my old kit with Lightning. Now it doesn't matter because *any* new handset I get isn't going to be compatible, so I know I've got to start from scratch regardless.

Previously, upgrading was a given. Now it seems Apple want another few hundred quid for the same old problems and precious few new solutions. 'Good money after bad' pretty much sums it up.

Feck mate, in terms of relative personal abuse, that is the most vicious thing I've seen on SaintsWeb.

You've made me stop and think there papster. I wouldn't want to push a man in mourning over the edge.

But to be fair, Essruu drew the caricature, I'm just colouring it in. Albeit with a fist-clenched Crayola in Android-blue.

Just ordered one of these from eBay as it looked like a bit of a bargain at £299 with free delivery. RRP new is £379.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Google-Nexus-10-10-32-GB-Android-4-2-JellyBean-Wi-Fi-Tablet-Black-/290933226712?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item43bcf8bcd8

The units are described as refurbished but given this description:

...I'm wondering if Google is shifting some stocks of new items either due to poor sales or to make way for an updated model launch.

Arrived this morning. It is a refurbished unit as it arrived in a very plain (very non-Apple), non-consumer box.

It's certified as-new by Google, comes with a 90 day Google warranty and hasn't got a scratch on it.

So far, so good. If it doesn't go bang, it looks like I might have saved myself ~£90 (RRP was £389 not £379 as I mentioned above).

It's also not as ugly as I was expecting. Very quick and has a lovely screen.