Geolocked ipad apps

LVSaint

Has anyone ever had any luck creating a different apple user account for a different region in order to download apps not otherwise available to them? I don't expect to be able to grab iplayer for me to use in the US, but wanted some basic stuff like sky sports score centre and other things that seem to be off limits.

You can easily do it to download £Free apps. For instance, I have set up a second App Store account with a gmail account, stating my location as USA, grabbing a random Zip Code and using that address as my 'home' address. You can continue the registration all the way through to where it asks you to register a credit card for payments; you then just opt not to and complete the registration.

As you will have no registered card, you can only download free apps, but this will enable you to get Sky Sports, Sky Football SC etc.

On your iOS device, when you want to switch from one account to the other, you need to go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > tap on the account you're logged in as and 'Log Out' to sign in as the other one.

I guess if you want to purchase apps that aren't free, you could purchase an iTunes card in £sterling, but have never done that for my US account, only free ones.

You can easily do it to download £Free apps. For instance, I have set up a second App Store account with a gmail account, stating my location as USA, grabbing a random Zip Code and using that address as my 'home' address. You can continue the registration all the way through to where it asks you to register a credit card for payments; you then just opt not to and complete the registration.

As you will have no registered card, you can only download free apps, but this will enable you to get Sky Sports, Sky Football SC etc.

On your iOS device, when you want to switch from one account to the other, you need to go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > tap on the account you're logged in as and 'Log Out' to sign in as the other one.

I guess if you want to purchase apps that aren't free, you could purchase an iTunes card in £sterling, but have never done that for my US account, only free ones.

Thanks, seems easy enough. I was only after the free apps but I do have a current uk bank card so I might be able to download premium apps too.

And I suppose iplayer would still be out of the question(cos of IP address) ?

You'll need to use iPlayer with a VPN, such as HideMyAss. It costs around $6.50/mth, but you can get a 30 day trial easy enough:-

https://hidemyass.com/vpn/promo/1/5/

I use a VPN on my iPad to access Netflix US. It's as easy as switching the VPN setting to 'ON' in settings each time I want to watch. A US VPN is much cheaper than a non-US one though, unluckily for you!