SONOS.

Stepgar

Really good, we have a play 5 in the kitchen/diner and a connect in the lounge plugged into our amp. Add in a spotify account and you are set for music.

Not sure what troubles you are having Goatboy - do you only stream internet music?

I'd certainly recommend it.

Really good, we have a play 5 in the kitchen/diner and a connect in the lounge plugged into our amp. Add in a spotify account and you are set for music.

Not sure what troubles you are having Goatboy - do you only stream internet music?

I'd certainly recommend it.

yep

I have the Play:One brilliant little device. Using Spotify, my home media server, my ipad library, and Google Music (unofficial - using a bit of a hack to make it work!)

Had no issues except some of the lower bit rate streams end up a bit tinny. I am going to add another Play:one and a Connect (plugged into my AV Receiver) in the coming months

Does anybody have this set up? I have heard many a good thing about it, but its pricey.

Thoughts?

I have a Play3 and I think it offers quite good sound! The different products are extremely pricey, but you could argue that you get value for money; you get a link between music from a multitude of sources (online, local network, physical media etc.) and some rather good speakers. A similar home-made setup would end up costing loads anyway.

It's easy to set up and use even though the controller app is a bit outdated. Anyone with an ipod, mobile, tablet or pc can access the controller app and the music available. Once you get it set up in zones it really makes sense; the kids can play their own music in their rooms while you listen to something entirely different in the living room - or even have the tv transmitting to the soundbar.

@mdearlove: Google Music in Sonos? Pray tell, friend! :D

Yep - adds a Chromecast type icon to Google Music for you to cast straight to Sonos. There is a way you can set it up in the Sonos app itself but that relies on you having a pc always on and is more complex.

The latter solution was the one I was aware of and had given up on beforehand. Your suggestion seems a bit more feasible. As yet, it's not such a pressing matter for me, as all the music I have in Google Music is uploaded from my NAS which the Sonos can already access. Google Music has not yet opened the shop in Denmark, and I only use the service because I originally signed up with a US IP. But when All Access hits Denmark, I can imagine that this Macronos thing will be really useful.

A big :thumbup: from me :)