Dave Hockaday

Saint Bri

Saint Bri is correct, Hockaday in the last 2.

Swindon hope to name Southampton academy director Dave Hockaday or his Newcastle counterpart Richard Money as manager, BBC Radio Swindon understands.

Reports have suggested former Walsall boss Money has already left his post at St James' Park.

Dave Byrne has been in caretaker charge of the Robins since the departure of Maurice Malpas on 14 November.

Town have refused to comment on these claims but hope to name the new boss in time for Saturday's game with Yeovil.

The club said earlier on Thursday they are confident they have got the right man, but admit he may not have the 'wow' factor of some of the people they have talked to.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/7785320.stm

Edited by Master Bates

Hockaday will be a bigger loss than people expect should he get the Swindon job.

As a coach, he is very highly thought of and the youngsters in the team are big fans of him.

In fact, he tends to have more of an input with the goings on at St Mary's than people would imagine.

In fact, he tends to have more of an input with the goings on at St Mary's than people would imagine.

Not me!!!!!

I pointed out a while back that my little moles inside SMS were saying how big a part Hockaday plays, and how he has Lowe's ear big time.

Now this made me smile given old rosey cheeks history of getting good deals.

"An announcement was expected in the current week, however in the final stages it proved more difficult than originally anticipated to negotiate acceptable terms for the candidate to leave his current club."

And just as Lowe demanded a "transfer fee" for Webster in the summer, I reckon that if it is Hockaday they want, then Lowe would be hanging on for a good price. Not just because he always does, but maybe because this time he wants to price Hockaday out of the job as he thinks he is such an integral part (and maybe even our next manager;)).

A pi5s5ed off Hockaday may not be a good thing, but maybe the sweetener has been an "I'll see you alright next season" LOL.