Political Correctness Reaches the World of Islam?

dubai_phil

Saw this article today, a Fatwa by a Senior Saudi Scholar

http://en.news.maktoob.com/20090000540060/Muslims_can_take_part_in_non-Muslim_festivals_-_paper/Article.htm?utm_campaign=Day-Newsletter&utm_medium=Main-News3&utm_source=Day-Newsletter&utm_content=

I've been amused by the sight of Locals & their Kids queuing to visit Father Christmas in the local Malls, and often try and comment on the differences between Respect for Cultures but this extract from one line made me choke on my Cornflakes.

The scholar said when a Muslim rejects an invitation to attend such a festival it could alienate non-Muslims..........

Good grief, he must have spent time in the US or UK "Race Relations Industry".

Concerned about causing offence to other non-Muslims. The world has surely turned a strange corner.

That's it. I'm off down the Pub to sing Christmas Carols with my mate Mo.

OK so I am being flippant, but I bet that some of the PC crew (more in the US than UK) don't bother to read this when they insist on wishing Happy Holidays to one and all

http://en.news.maktoob.com/20090000540060/Muslims_can_take_part_in_non-Muslim_festivals_-_paper/Article.htm?utm_campaign=Day-Newsletter&utm_medium=Main-News3&utm_source=Day-Newsletter&utm_content=

I've been amused by the sight of Locals & their Kids queuing to visit Father Christmas in the local Malls, and often try and comment on the differences between Respect for Cultures but this extract from one line made me choke on my Cornflakes.

Concerned about causing offence to other non-Muslims. The world has surely turned a strange corner.

OK so I am being flippant, but I bet that some of the PC crew (more in the US than UK) don't bother to read this when they insist on wishing Happy Holidays to one and all

Apart from the need to say it, is there anything wrong with this though? Your suggestion that it's PC gone mad implies you'd rather people in UAE sit in their respective religious trenches.

I , too, don't get your point. You clearly didn't read it, yet you have the gall to suggest "the PC crew" won't bother. It didn't say anything about causing offence. In fact, it was more about what Muslims can do to bring them closer to other faiths. A heart-warming tale in the spirit of Christmas, if you will.