Talking about migraines reminded me

Saint in Paradise

about a neighbour I had. He has passed on to the other side now but he suffered from

optical migraines. Not painful but extremely worrying the first couple of times he had them.

"You might see a small, enlarging blind spot (scotoma) in your central vision with bright, flashing or

flickering lights (scintillations), or wavy or zig-zag lines surrounding the blind spot. The blind spot

usually enlarges and may move across your field of vision.

This entire migraine phenomenon may end in only a few minutes, but usually lasts up to 30 minutes."

Link:-

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/ocular-migraine.htm

Its nuts...shat myself first time, but after they aren't too bad as it gives you a prior warning to get the Anadin extra down your neck!

I get about 1-2 a year..quite often its been on that day after a hangover (say a Monday). First of all the vision doesn't look right, like a sort of small blind spot on the right hand side. then I get the zig-zag pixellated effect that comes to centre vision, and goes back to the right and disappears after about 20 mins.

Very bizzare....