Eddie Mitchell and Bompey

Crazy Diamond

Following his rant on the pitch over the PA system, the stock of Eddie Mitchell is rather low.

To try and turn things around, AFC Bompey have decided to record a special feature for their website's 'Cherries Player' facility, whereby Mr. Mitchell does a kind of walkthrough guide, where he will retrace his steps and explain what he was trying to say to fans as he goes along.

Wow.

As if that wasn't enough, a request was made for the Football League to look into Maxim Denim, the new Russian part-owner of the club. I don't think it was an official request, but it was regarding the 'Fit and Proper Persons' test. The reason being that no one knows anything about him, or where his money actually comes from - much like Bompey's inspiration, Pompey. In any case, the Football League said they were 'not interested'.

I asked a contact of mine about Mr. Denim, and the whole 'mysteriousness' surrounding the origin of the money - not Mr. Denim specifically, just this general trend that is going around. He replied that quite often, being a mystery and trying to hide something are often the same thing.

There's a lot of talk about a potential Bournemouth vs Portsmouth 'derby' next season, which I for one would find absolutely hilarious.