Thai Murders

sadoldgit

So two men admit murder, rape and theft without any legal representation. A reconstruction of the crime is supposedly "orchestrated" by police with the accused given instructions.

Hmmmm.

Recently the police were saying there was a condom with Hannah's DNA on the outside which was crucial evidence. No mention of that today and the 2 men's semen was found inside Hannah. If you rape someone do you use a condom? Who used the condom?

The two me said they say Hannah kissing (not having sex) and that is when they decided to rape her.

Does any of this sound staged to you?

Doesn't come as any kind of surprise to be honest. As soon as the murders had happened the local police seemed to decide that they'd been done by members of the migrant Burmese community, and they seem to have done everything they can to make that come true. A few weeks back there seemed to be some pretty strong suspicions centring on members of a local family, who I assume are Thai, then all of a sudden two Burmese men confess and we have the farcical 'reconstruction' bit.

If it looks this much like a fit-up...

I would imagine that authorities are very concerned about the impact on travel and tourism. A quick arrest and trial would mitigate any potential losses to this source of income.

The police chief said as much. With DNA it shouldn't be too hard to tie things up unless the perpetrators left the island soon after so I'm surprised that this is such a mess.