Anthony Worrall Thomson - your thoughts?

hamster

Although I sympaphise with any one who suffers financial hardship, I am not at the moment feeling too much sympathy for AWT to be honest.

I admit that I don't know the full details but did see him clearly state on TV the other day that the banks wanted him to offer his family home as security. He is adamant that there will be an upturn and that the (now closed) restaurants would be succesful again.

Do you think that he should have put his money where his mouth is?

I think that I would be more than a little irked if I were one of the real victims of the situation (the sacked employees), seeing him getting wall to wall coverage and more than likely be rewarded handsomely for the interviews and guest appearances.

Thoughts?

Edited by hamster

I think AWT has suffered from a little drop in reputation since Gordon Ramsey turned his critical attention upon him; and his restaurants have, in turn, dropped away in popularity. He's just not flavour-of-the-month [sorry, couldn't resist] anymore. He either needs to reinvent himself as a chef, or do something different. I suspect he's no pauper.

I think it leaves a bad taste in the mouth tot hink thathe is actually making money for himself, due to the fact that he refused to put a bit of his fortune into the ailing businesses. Some of that money came from them during his hey day after all.

Aha, my mistake , it will be the lunchtime show. I will be working though.

No 'sauce' SL, just tired eyes and lazy fngers.

I've been practicing on my guitar before I came on here, and as such my fingers are moving over these keys like little whippersnappers. ;)

If you get my meaning.

Guitar you say? For as londg as I can remember I have wanted to learn guitar. My brother (the skate one) showed me a couple of exercises two weeks ago which I have been doing. I can't for the life of me remember their names, but it is one of the most satisfying sounds I have ever made. I only hope that I get good enough to play a whole tune soon.

Edited by hamster

Guitar you say? For as londg as I can remember I have wanted to learn guitar. My brother (the skate one) showed me a couple of exercises two weeks ago which I have been doing. I can't for the life of me remember their names, but it is one of the most satisfying sounds I have ever made. I only hope that I get good enough to play a whole tune soon.

Must get to bed. Jeez, I'm up sooooo late. Work tomorrow too. Went back to the guitar. Trying to play the bloody F chord and gave up. Can't get my index finger to hold down two strings and play the rest of the chord. Went to the E-shaped Barre chord [F again] and it sounded out straight away. If you want to get on with some guitar exercises go here. Try the beginners course and see how you go:

www.justinguitar.com

This is the third time I've mentioned this guy, and it's beginning to seem like I'm getting a kickback for referrals, but I assure you I'm not. I just think it's brilliant that anyone can get free lessons over the net, and with bags of info thrown in too. When I get a bit further I'll make a donation.

P.S. Envious about the Glenmorangie. Had a nice little brandy myself, which is rather new to me, as I've always disliked brandy. Palette's obviously changing.