Thread: San Francisco to launch registration of non-citizens to vote

Default San Francisco to launch registration of non-citizens to vote

I know that California has a different view of stuff than a lot of others in the world but even so this did raise my eyebrows.

"San Franciscans already voted to become the first city in California to allow non-citizens to vote in a local election.

And on Monday, city officials are to announce the launch of non-citizen voter registration for school board elections.

Measure N passed in 2016 with 54 percent of the vote, meaning that non-citizens, including undocumented immigrants,
    are now able to vote in school board elections".

I wonder how long it will be before that will apply to ALL elections in California? Would YOU like it IF this happened in the U.K.?

http://www.ktvu.com/news/san-francis...oard-elections

Quote Originally Posted by Saint in Paradise View Post
    I know that California has a different view of stuff than a lot of others in the world but even so this did raise my eyebrows.

"San Franciscans already voted to become the first city in California to allow non-citizens to vote in a local election.

And on Monday, city officials are to announce the launch of non-citizen voter registration for school board elections.

Measure N passed in 2016 with 54 percent of the vote, meaning that non-citizens, including undocumented immigrants,
    are now able to vote in school board elections".

I wonder how long it will be before that will apply to ALL elections in California? Would YOU like it IF this happened in the U.K.?

http://www.ktvu.com/news/san-francis...oard-elections
    I'm sure that the Daily Mail would love it.