Colchester

bungle

I have just spoken to Colchester Utd and there are 400-500 tickets available from 10am (ish) at their ground tomorrow.

]

My understanding is that all unsold tickets at Saints on Xmas Eve, were sent back to Colchester to Sell on the day.

However you have to buy at the away ticket office, to get an actual ticket, there is no cash payment at the Turnstile.

However it would be worth phoning CUFC to confirm this...

]

My understanding is that all unsold tickets at Saints on Xmas Eve, were sent back to Colchester to Sell on the day.

However you have to buy at the away ticket office, to get an actual ticket, there is no cash payment at the Turnstile.

However it would be worth phoning CUFC to confirm this...

Yes, when I spoke to him that is what he said. They are available to buy from 10am tomorrow.

He wants Colchester North Station - it's just signposted Colchester on the platforms - as opposed to Colchester Town. Most London trains don't run to Colchester Town, you have to change as the main station, so it will be hard for him to miss it and it will e the first one anyway.

As to pubs, the Norfolk (right out of the station and across the roundabout) and the Bricklayers (left out of the station and up Bergholt Road) are the nearest and are both normally peaceable enough. Otherwise it's a walk towards town.

Please leave early if you're coming by car. Took us 4.5 hours today total driving time. In the end we gave up driving the full journey in one go and stopped off in Kingston Upon Thames for some shopping as the traffic was horrendous around the M25.

Good luck driving - I'd suggest you make sure you allow 5 hours if driving from Southampton...

Please leave early if you're coming by car. Took us 4.5 hours today total driving time. In the end we gave up driving the full journey in one go and stopped off in Kingston Upon Thames for some shopping as the traffic was horrendous around the M25.

Good luck driving - I'd suggest you make sure you allow 5 hours if driving from Southampton...

Hmm, was that going north or south of london?

Sorry, nevermind, didn't read the whole thing.

From what i've gleaned from on here and other sources the best place to park is at the train station (for £2 all day (should be Sunday rates it being a BH)) and then get a shuttle bus to the ground (£1 return). At the station there's pubs where i may have a shandy or two. Am i right in thinking this is COLCHESTER NORTH that I need?

If so here's the link for all the info you'll need...

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/col/details.html

And the postcode for your sat navs is: CO1 1XD

From what i've gleaned from on here and other sources the best place to park is at the train station (for £2 all day (should be Sunday rates it being a BH)) and then get a shuttle bus to the ground (£1 return). At the station there's pubs where i may have a shandy or two. Am i right in thinking this is COLCHESTER NORTH that I need?

If so here's the link for all the info you'll need...

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/col/details.html

And the postcode for your sat navs is: CO1 1XD

All trains from London go to Colchester North - however, at Liverpool Street you will just see "Colchester", but don't worry that is Colchester North.

(Colchester Town station is a station that serves local trains down to Clacton and you can only get to it from London if you change at Colchester North...)