44,000 Tickets at £40 a pop would buy...

Arizona

(the self proclaimed "greatest fans in the world")

The problem is the football media keep going on about it. Every time pompey are mentioned some pundit goes on about how great their fans are. It gets stated so often after a while people begin to believe it. However we know this is not the case. Some bell end with a bell does not constitute great support

I know its not the subject of the thread but it had to be said. (that rhymes quite well)

Do we actually get any of the gate money for a Wembley final or will it just be the actual Trophy winning or runners up prize money? Not sure how it works at a neutral venue.

I guess even if we do get some form of money from gate receipts it will be split evenly between the two teams, even tho there will be more of us there than them!

The problem is the football media keep going on about it. Every time pompey are mentioned some pundit goes on about how great their fans are. It gets stated so often after a while people begin to believe it. However we know this is not the case. Some bell end with a bell does not constitute great support

I know its not the subject of the thread but it had to be said. (that rhymes quite well)

whats even sadder is that the P*mpey fans believe it as well, despite struggling to sell 15,000 tickets for home league matches.

If anyone was in doubt, then they could have counted up all of those great fans who went to the High Court to protest on the day that their beloved team nearly was / should have been wound up.

One

I had to laugh the other day when my Pompey mate (yes, it has been known) came back at me with 'yeah but our tickets are so much more expensive than yours' when I pointed out we were regularly pulling in 5K+ more fans than them even though we were two divs below.

you gotta hand it to em....come up with an excuse for anything

Do we actually get any of the gate money for a Wembley final or will it just be the actual Trophy winning or runners up prize money? Not sure how it works at a neutral venue.

I guess even if we do get some form of money from gate receipts it will be split evenly between the two teams, even tho there will be more of us there than them![/Q

Not sure about the JPT final but for FA Cup semi's and final all the gate receipts go to the FA. The JPT is a Football League competition so I don't know.