Injured Steward at Huddersfield Game?

Mr Dad

Does anyone know what was going on in the concourse below Kingsland/Northam corner at the end of the match last night? The stewards/police/medics sealed off the stairway above the corner bar. They were directing all supporters across an empty row they evacuated towards the next stairwell further up the Kingsland stand. In the concourse itself, they had sealed off the bar area and there was what looked like a steward on a stetcher with what looked like a neck brace being attended to by medics. I hope the poor guy was OK? Anyone know anything?

Unfortunately, it was not a steward, but a lady. Just after half time she slipped on the stairs. It must be quite serious as the medics were there for a good while. As I said, happened just into the second half, maybe 60 mins, and she was still there at full time. The stewards said it might be a back injury, hence why they were taking their time.

It's the first time I've ever left a game early (on 90 mins without clapping the team off the field), as I couldn;t bare cheering whilst this lady was stricken only yards from me.

I really hope she's alright. If any of you know the steps at the ground, they are concrete and have quite an edge on them. A nasty fall for any one.

The stewards acted brilliantly, the medics were there within seconds, and she was receiving the best possible care.

I do hope she's ok. Anybody has news, would like to hear, especially if it's good news.