Human Rights

Crouchie's Lawyer

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Here's a few facts to fuel even more controversy...

MORE than 1,100 registered sex offenders (RSOs) – including nine considered as by far the most dangerous – are living in Hampshire, a Government report has revealed.

Figures released by the Ministry of Justice showed there were 1,155 RSOs being monitored in the county, including 194 in Southampton and 226 in Portsmouth.

I've just done a quick calc. on rates per population:

Southampton = 0.000625%

Portsmouth = 0.00125%

approximately.

What we always knew, eh? ;)

Seeing as Portsmouth's 2007 population averaged 197,700, that's 247.. Blimey..! And Southampton's is 231,200, so that's 145. That's too many as well.

Nought would be a nice total.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I feel that whilst Magna has been given her due not enough has been said about the contribution of Alfred the Great. As this seems to be your bag DSM can you sum it up for us?

Well, he produced the first of the Common Laws of England by bringing together all the existing laws of the land into one combined book (the Book of Dooms).

This led, after the injustices of William II, to Henry I enacting the Charter of Liberties in 1100 which became the basis of the Magna Carta.

Well, he produced the first of the Common Laws of England by bringing together all the existing laws of the land into one combined book (the Book of Dooms).

This led, after the injustices of William II, to Henry I enacting the Charter of Liberties in 1100 which became the basis of the Magna Carta.

Thanks. I think he also hung a judge for replacing three jury members who voted not guilty with three others who voted guilty so that the accused got hung.