Virgin Media

Barry the Badger

Has anybody had much luck driving Virgin down on price? Any Tips?

I've asked them for a price to change my package and they've quoted £58 per month, whereas BT are quoting me £40 for a package which includes faster broadband and more TV channels, and that's £33 for the first 3 months.

Ideally I would prefer not to switch but may threaten to move and see if the price changes. Anybody had success with this tactic?

Yes mate, Dont phone customer services (they are a waste of space) I got £25 pm knocked off my bill along with 50meg upgrade and a V+HD box they also let me keep the old silver box for another room, I did have to sign up for 12 months but was going to anyway. I find the VM broadband is unbeatable.

Ring them and press the option (think its 3) to leave them you should be put through to either a Scottish or Geordie speaker if you get an Indian insist they cannot help and tell them to put you through to UK based office then simply tell them that you are not happy with the services and are going to go to Sky, they will be putty in your hands.

P.s make sure if they offer you a new box/Bband hub to tell em you will self install it and it will arrive in 48 hrs via UPS plug it all in call them to register it and you are done. If you don`t tell them they will send a fitter out and sting you £75 for the 10mins he will be with you.

Good luck :D

Do as the guy above says, or if you are feeling really extreme, move house and stick with virgin media, I've just done this and they gave me a ****ing massive discount for sticking with them.

FFS, I moved house and the c*nts ended up getting more out of me a month! I'm about 10 months in with them, got the XL tv package with HD, 20mg Broadband and home phone, pay about £50 a month. That OTT? Should I give a few threats about??? I'm rubbish with this sort of thing.

No luck unfortunately. Not sure if they called my bluff but I said I was calling to disconnect and when they asked why I gave them the details of what BT were offering. She just said the £58 was the best they can do and they can't match the BT price or budge at all. Either I got somebody who was having a bad day, or they aren't that bothered.

FFS, I moved house and the c*nts ended up getting more out of me a month! I'm about 10 months in with them, got the XL tv package with HD, 20mg Broadband and home phone, pay about £50 a month. That OTT? Should I give a few threats about??? I'm rubbish with this sort of thing.

I threatened to leave them before they gave me the dicount mate, probably why I got the discount. You can get put on retention deals for nearly everything these days, Sky, your mobile phone bill, the lot.