Underdogs.

saint_bert

On tonights One Show they were talking about underdogs. Phil Daniels was on there, and being a Chelsea fan said he doesnt know what he preferes Chelsea winning occasionally and the feeling turning over a big team brings, or Chelsea sream rolling everyone like they do these days.

This got me thinking. Would I swap us beating teams like Manu 6-3 and Liverpool 2-0 every so often (not recently granted, but last seasons 2-0 win against Bristol City maybe) for winning every week and finding it maybe a little bit boring.

I wouldnt change a damn thing to be honest. But hey maybe im a sucker for punishment?

Anyway whats everyones thoughts on this?

Edited by saint_bert

On tonights One Show they weretalking about underdogs. Phil Daniels was on there, and being a Chelsea fan said he doesnt know what he preferes Chelsea winning occasionally and the feeling turning over a big team brings, or Chelsea sream rolling everyone like they do these days.

This got me thinking. Would I swap us beating teams like Manu 6-3 and Liverpool 2-0 every so often (not recently granted, but last seasons 2-0 win against Bristol City maybe) for winning every week and finding it maybe a little bit boring.

I wouldnt change a damn thing to be honest. But hey maybe im a sucker for punishment?

Anyway whats everyones thoughts on this?

I would like it if we started winning.

I think a measure of how far we've fallen is evident when you consider this weekend's opponents. In years gone by, particularly the 80s, when we had a game away at Arsenal, Liverpool or Man U there was always the optimism amongst Saints fans that we could go to those places and, if not get a decent result, at least compete. Even in the 90s, when we weren't of the same standard as under Lawrie Mac, there was hope (and sometimes achievement - i.e. wins at Anfield and that 3-3 at Old Trafford).

Now I look at the game on Saturday against the 'mighty' Reading, who are considerably better than us in a division below the elite, and my only thought is 'please don't get stuffed'. Such a shame.