So Exciting - Home Support

TijuanaTim

I only can listen here and yet it was so exciting, don't you just want these nippers to do well? Hope you can relate to them like I can.

Don't know what we can do or how it can be done, but if somehow we can believe in these kids at SMS maybe - just maybe we can help take the pressure of them at home and we can replicate our away form.

Let's face it, this team can really play, we've all seen it. It is totally a 'mental' thing at home.

WE ARE SOUTHAMPTON

THE PRIDE OF THE SOUTH

...well, you know the rest!!

Let's face it, this team can really play, we've all seen it. It is totally a 'mental' thing at home.

WE ARE SOUTHAMPTON

THE PRIDE OF THE SOUTH

...well, you know the rest!!

Yep mid you the problem is at home its like a morgue. It's not the support as everyone who goes does give everything the problem is they all expect us to loose and that really emanates throughout the ground. Last week I really did think we could pull something off and got laughed at at every corner. Basically until we the fans change our attitude (not the support because that is fantastic) we will always have this issue.

Great win today and this is something we deserved last week as well.

Excellently put Tim. It took some time to get shot of all the mercenaries and "couldn't give a damn overpaid players" but we really do have a team of lads we can be proud of, who pick themselves up and go out there and give it their all.

So perhaps now by getting rid of the mercenary, weak hearted and unbelieving supporters things we will have gone a full circle since our Dell days.

Players who play with pride and supporters who really get behind the team and believe they can conquer the world. That's what Southampton Football Club is all about.

I bet you wax lyrical on the 3rd half tonight again Tim.

I hate to pour water on your bonfire, but it's just one win against another footballing team. They don't get physical - they pass and move. They don't turn nasty if they go one down they try to play the game - not resorting to the long "hooooooooooof".

Don't get me wrong it's a great win, against a bit of a bogey team for us. It means absolutely nothing if they don't consolidate with a win against Plymouth. I know it sounds daft but did having the experience of Perry in the back four have an affect?

The next away game at Charlton will be a real test. A big Saints following and Charlton on a massive spiral down and being thumped 5-2 today. An early goal there would see us proud - but one game at a time. Charlton must turn the corner soon surely - and probably against us.

Not as far away as you in the US - but I still won't go to SMS.

I may consider it if Block 1 or Block 2 re-opened, and may venture to Blackpool for a weekend. Interesting times ahead...say we put a run together up to Christmas and then in the window we sell, sell, sell? What then for the SMS faithful. Turn the corner playing the youth - then sell the best as soon as the team start to perform?

We all know that the winds of change at SMS are coming because of the demands of the bank, but surely even they can see a winning team will do more for their investment (or should I say overdraft facility)?

Interesting times as I say...

Well done lads...a great win!

Hear what you are saying Tim but I don't think it is a case of us not getting behind them at home - the problem is that the system we play at home is negated by the away team too easily - away from home where the onus is on the home team to attack, we tend to be able to play more freely. We need to adopt a more attacking attitude at home with a different system incorporating 2 strikers (at least!). So in a way at SMS the kids are being stifled - I think that is where the fans frustration comes from at home games - its not like we don't want them to do well or give them backing.

By the way Tim' date=' Warsash top of Junior one in Southampton Saturday Football league and playing Home games back at Osborne Road for the first time in 5 years[/quote']

OMG Go Saints - Go Crabs!! That's fantastic news, I lived right behind the goal and Stevie Moran lived across the road. Nick Holmes lived at the other end of Warsash. What with Warlocks, Warsash and playing as a 'ringer' on numerous occassions for Osbourne Sports I must have played and coached over a couple of hundred games there.

However, as far as Steve and Nick go, Steve played most of his 'boy's' football for Sparks at the Bursledon Brickworks, while with Nick it was at St Marys.