Insurance and solicitors

Thedelldays

Had someone bump into me yesterday at work... We were both going less than 5 miles and hour, he admitted liability... We exchanged details

Within an hour his insurance company (admiral) contacted me and out me in touch with a garage they use and all seems pretty swift and good to be fair...

Now, since the bump yesterday I have had (at the point of writing this) calls from 6 different solicitors basically trying to get me to say I had an injury or suffering from stress and I should make a claim

Is this normal...? Is this the reason why insurance premiums are so expensive

It is almost too easy to say I am suffering from stress from a bump at around 3 miles an hours.. Or have pains in my neck etc

I was quite shocked actually

(Have told them all to do one BTW)

Hi - I had a prang with Admiral insured driver two weeks ago and have already received a cheque for £1500 from them for my pain and suffering. I was hit hard on a roundabout - t-boned the technical term is sore neck sore back and nasty bruises on my hips. £10k worth of damage to my car which they are taking care of. No solicitors contacted me. I can only think it is your insurance broker or garage selling on your details. There are moves afoot to clamp down on this. If you are thinking of claiming - go to your doctors and get the pain checked out and speak to Admiral direct.

Had someone bump into me yesterday at work... We were both going less than 5 miles and hour, he admitted liability... We exchanged details

Within an hour his insurance company (admiral) contacted me and out me in touch with a garage they use and all seems pretty swift and good to be fair...

Now, since the bump yesterday I have had (at the point of writing this) calls from 6 different solicitors basically trying to get me to say I had an injury or suffering from stress and I should make a claim

Is this normal...? Is this the reason why insurance premiums are so expensive

It is almost too easy to say I am suffering from stress from a bump at around 3 miles an hours.. Or have pains in my neck etc

I was quite shocked actually

(Have told them all to do one BTW)

had the same problems but told them i was not interested because i thought it was wrong .

• 1 month later...

standard practice.. i hit an old volvo at even less than 5mph 3 years ago. Woman driving it claimed whiplash and right off, my insurance paid out as they said it wasn't worth contesting, even though there wasn't even a scratch on my car. I got phoned up a month ago by admiral saying the woman had come back with a 2nd claim for the passenger.. they have said they'll contest it this time as that is a bit unusual so long after the incident.. i'm not affected, but hopefully she'll get found out and end up with a very expensive legal bill, that'll teach her.

There's clearly some forward communication, or commission-based sales going on whereby, unless you tick the relevent box when getting the insurance in the first place, your details may be passed on to 'selected third-parties' for them to contact you in this way. Admiral or whoever released the details probably get a referral fee, or are paid upfront for the leads.

As yes, personal injury claims like these are significant contributors to premium increases, and a reason why I also would never pursue such a thing on principle.

That said, at least someone has *caused* an accident so any claim is linked to their actions... the ones that *really* bug me are the people that try to sue councils or companies because they've tripped over a paving slab that was raised 4mm. That is just money-grabbing... should've been watching where you were walking! Don't get me started on PC Kelly Jones...