The Manageress

Colinjb

After seeing it mentioned on a Football 365 article on football fiction on tele, I found the DVD's on Amazon for both series and have been watching them over the last couple of nights.

The premise is that a Woman becomes football manager at a never named second division side. She then tries to get to grips with the game.

Cherie Lunghi carries the show as the lead and it provides a really quite excellent snapshot of the state of the game back at the turn of the 90's. It's not exactly high art but is certainly interesting.

Yeah I used to watch this back in the day. I remember she did a couple of things:

1) got them to do yoga or aerobics or similar

2) got them to do a throw in by doing a sumersault and them letting the ball go as your feet hit the ground - this was Tony Pulis's inspiration behind the Delap long throw

3) got naked and boned the chairman. The chairman was that fat slug type actor that was in all program's at the time. I think he may have been John Prescot before he became a bare knuckle boxer.

Yeah I used to watch this back in the day. I remember she did a couple of things:

1) got them to do yoga or aerobics or similar

2) got them to do a throw in by doing a sumersault and them letting the ball go as your feet hit the ground - this was Tony Pulis's inspiration behind the Delap long throw

3) got naked and boned the chairman. The chairman was that fat slug type actor that was in all program's at the time. I think he may have been John Prescot before he became a bare knuckle boxer.

1) Yep

2) No, that was in the Amanda Bynes film, 'She's the Man'

3) Nope.... Footballers Wives if i'm not mistaken.