It is NOT Poortvliet's fault - It's Lowe's

Seaford Saint

We had a good young manager, we had a decent youth set up, we had some experienced heads to help them along. Most felt we had 'turned the corner' after the Sheff Utd. game last season.

Cut costs/dead wood by all means, but keep a decent spine and and bleed in the better youngsters as and when they are ready. We'd probably be at least mid-table. We'd likely be getting regular 20k+ gates.

Oh no, that was all too simple. What we really needed was another Lowe "revolutionary" idea - 'total football' played by teenagers with no experience, in a cloggers league, managed, sorry 'coached' by a Dutchman with good intentions but no experience of English football, and with a managerial record of lower dutch leagues only. It was barmy then, it's barmy now. But as ever with Lowe, the only way he ever gets proved wrong hurts the club terribly.

Incidentally, no one will ever convince me that getting rid of Pearson was motivated by anything other than spite (against Crouch).

Sadly, unless someone comes in that can move the club forward and we can finally rid oursleves of Lowe, his ridulous ideas, and his toxic mix of ego, arrogance and ignorance, we're basically f****d. The club is literally falling apart before our eyes...

Sw11 Saint thankyou for saying what i think in your post.

This surely has to be post of the week?

But that is patently rubbish, our only home-grown players are Surman, Lallana and James, and Surman is experienced enough to be in any team. I don't count McG (Notts County transfer) or BWP, and all the others are loans or experienced pros. People fall for the spin time and again. We are crap because Lowe put an inexperienced coach in charge of these lads when an experienced one that knows and understands the CCC is what is really needed. I din't blame JP, he is part of the cause, but while he is in charge we will not succeed.

OK, Tell me friend how many first team games had Lloyd James played before this season?

And Morgan Spiderman?

How about Robertson?

Lallana?

McGoldrick?

Paterson?

Pearce?

Cork?

Hell's bells man, even Bradley had a maximum of thirty odd first team starts for us in two years (and he's aged 23 btw). It comes to something when the most experienced striker is a bloke who can't get into our first eleven with any consistency. Surman is still twenty two - yes 22! Hardly a hardened pro.

Yet you continued to say that we have experienced pros. We do. Perry, Davis, Skacel and Euell on the park today - about the only fit ones we have. That leaves seven players 23 or younger. Most of whom (above) have little or no regular first team experience apart from 23 games this season.

Do you have a problem with numbers?

And yet a new coach is the answer - incredible...

OK, Tell me friend how many first team games had Lloyd James played before this season?

And Morgan Spiderman?

How about Robertson?

Lallana?

McGoldrick?

Paterson?

Pearce?

Cork?

Hell's bells man, even Bradley had a maximum of thirty odd first team starts for us in two years (and he's aged 23 btw). It comes to something when the most experienced striker is a bloke who can't get into our first eleven with any consistency. Surman is still twenty two - yes 22! Hardly a hardened pro.

Yet you continued to say that we have experienced pros. We do. Perry, Davis, Skacel and Euell on the park today - about the only fit ones we have. That leaves seven players 23 or younger. Most of whom (above) have little or no regular first team experience apart from 23 games this season.

Do you have a problem with numbers?

And yet a new coach is the answer - incredible...

I agree the playing squad arent good enough. Though i wouldnt have played Cork at CB when pearce is on the Bench.

YAWN!!

He is a one trick pony,at least he could try something different

instead of this continual ineffective crap he insists on every week.

You don't have to be a multi-trick pony to win at this game. You just have to get the team playing well, and eliminate the mistakes. It isn't rocket science, but it takes discipline and skill, and sheer bloody hard work when things aren't going for you, and the opposition has a head start because, 1] you're being shafted by your chairman; 2] many of the fans don't want to support your efforts as you are associated with that chairman; 3] some don't see that you could do your job if you were presented with an even playing field, instead of the uphill task you face; 4] the opposition players are established and often much more experienced players than you have at your disposal. 5] Your young players are being adversely affected by this high-profile experiment run by the club, and are losing confidence and possibly endangering the quality of their long term careers; 6] although you have a history of success with young players, far less qualified people are making their minds up about you, and they want you gone. Which means you probably won't get the proper time and backing which you should have since this experiment is really mickey-mouse in its structure and financing, as are all things to do with a SFC Board setup.

Which is a bloody shame, because the best part of this mickey-mouse experiment is watching the young players play excellent pass and move football, which they are encouraged to do by Jan Poortvliet and the Coaching Staff. The football is often a joy because the team seemingly play without fear, despite the fact that their confidence must be eggshell like in nature. I believe JP is doing as well as anybody could, and probably a lot better than most, given the players he has available. The fact that he has to do this with a proverbial elephant on his back is no help at all.

Having said that, if Lowe wants to persist in this experiment, it's about time he backed JP properly, and there should be no danger of sales come January, and probably some quality acquisitions as well. But that won't happen.