It is NOT Poortvliet's fault - It's Lowe's

Seaford Saint

Lowe is to blame, but I'm not sure the fact that someone is English or not makes **** all difference. The fact that they understand the English game is the only thing that is important and the reason why JP is failing.

Poortvliet is being asked to rebuild a football club based on a philosophy of youth and home-grown talent with minimal resources.

If I was asked to scale the Eiger in my pyjamas, carrying a small family car and I died in the process, would it be my fault??

Wait for it the same old excuses will be trotted out, no money no choice.

good job every relegated club did not have a Rupert as Chairman.

Ruperts the only person to get us out of this mess, the bank have tied our hands, name someone else, we've had anyone else but rupert before, blah blah ****ing blah.

I'm sick of it something has to change.

Sorry it has to be said.

Lowe could have chosen an English manager and chose not to. He carries the can for this season.

I am going to take the dogs out, I may be gone some time

We had an a young, English manager last season (something which Lowe championed when he appointed Wigley). He's doing quite well at Leicester.

Well done Rupert.

Poortvliet is being asked to rebuild a football club based on a philosophy of youth and home-grown talent with minimal resources.

If I was asked to scale the Eiger in my pyjamas, carrying a small family car and I died in the process, would it be my fault??

YAWN!!

He is a one trick pony,at least he could try something different

instead of this continual ineffective crap he insists on every week.

We had a good young manager, we had a decent youth set up, we had some experienced heads to help them along. Most felt we had 'turned the corner' after the Sheff Utd. game last season.

Cut costs/dead wood by all means, but keep a decent spine and and bleed in the better youngsters as and when they are ready. We'd probably be at least mid-table. We'd likely be getting regular 20k+ gates.

Oh no, that was all too simple. What we really needed was another Lowe "revolutionary" idea - 'total football' played by teenagers with no experience, in a cloggers league, managed, sorry 'coached' by a Dutchman with good intentions but no experience of English football, and with a managerial record of lower dutch leagues only. It was barmy then, it's barmy now. But as ever with Lowe, the only way he ever gets proved wrong hurts the club terribly.

Incidentally, no one will ever convince me that getting rid of Pearson was motivated by anything other than spite (against Crouch).

Sadly, unless someone comes in that can move the club forward and we can finally rid oursleves of Lowe, his ridulous ideas, and his toxic mix of ego, arrogance and ignorance, we're basically f****d. The club is literally falling apart before our eyes...

Enough with the years of the blame game

Jan is trying but is doing a job with his hands tied behind his back.

Im no Lowe lovey but he is a cracking business man as much as he is a nob.

Try telling that to the employees of his and his Dad's engineering firm who are holding on to their jobs by the skin of their teeth!!

Sorry? Please provide some evidence for this statement? A 'cracking businessman' doesn't lose £30m through poor decisions, have 90+% of his customer base against him and attract the most appalling PR the company has ever known. Will everyone please stop thinking that just because Lowe worked in the City he's some sort of corporate genius. He's nothing like - just a small time businessman, like all of the other jokers we've had in recenty years running the club.

We had a good young manager, we had a decent youth set up, we had some experienced heads to help them along. Most felt we had 'turned the corner' after the Sheff Utd. game last season.

Cut costs/dead wood by all means, but keep a decent spine and and bleed in the better youngsters as and when they are ready. We'd probably be at least mid-table. We'd likely be getting regular 20k+ gates.

Oh no, that was all too simple. What we really needed was another Lowe "revolutionary" idea - 'total football' played by teenagers with no experience, in a cloggers league, managed, sorry 'coached' by a Dutchman with good intentions but no experience of English football, and with a managerial record of lower dutch leagues only. It was barmy then, it's barmy now. But as ever with Lowe, the only way he ever gets proved wrong hurts the club terribly.

Incidentally, no one will ever convince me that getting rid of Pearson was motivated by anything other than spite (against Crouch).

Sadly, unless someone comes in that can move the club forward and we can finally rid oursleves of Lowe, his ridulous ideas, and his toxic mix of ego, arrogance and ignorance, we're basically f****d. The club is literally falling apart before our eyes...

Yes it really was that simple, I wish those that defend him so much can just admit that we had choices when he came in, the safe one you outlined above and the totally radical one we are now persuing.

I don't think it was spite, this was Lowes plan and NP was just in the way. It is either foolish or arrogant to come back to a club a mark man and try to pull this total football thing of, it would be laughable if it wasn't us suffering.

hahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha ha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha ha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha ha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha ha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha ha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha ha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha ha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha ha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

thats better, I laughed so much I farted.

I was a Pearson fan, but that is a total nonsense.

We escaped relegation by two kicks. Hardly a corner turned...

That said. I agree. I would have stayed with Pearson and given him time to see how he did.

Sorry? Please provide some evidence for this statement? A 'cracking businessman' doesn't lose £30m through poor decisions, have 90+% of his customer base against him and attract the most appalling PR the company has ever known. Will everyone please stop thinking that just because Lowe worked in the City he's some sort of corporate genius. He's nothing like - just a small time businessman, like all of the other jokers we've had in recenty years running the club.

I was just reading one of your previous posts and was about to say how spot on you was.

Ok let me re phrase it, he's done a good job considering the mess we was in.

I was just reading one of your previous posts and was about to say how spot on you was.

Ok let me re phrase it, he's done a good job considering the mess we was in.

He did what any sensible person reviewing our balance sheet would have done - and no doubt he was required to do by the bank - cut costs. Cutting costs however has to be balanced with the right strategy for the club - sure, cut some of those who are earning too much, but keep those who can still going to make a positive impact (e.g. Stern John). Is sacking the coaching staff and appointing a brand new set of coaches a cost cutting measure? I'd debate that one.

I agree that Crouch had let costs get out of hand, but it doesn't make Lowe a genius for identifying the issue.

The greatest tragedy in all of this, is that with our history, fan base and potential that we have been subjected to a stream of sub-standard Chairmen. We really deserve better.

I disagree with this thread. It's not Lowes fault, it's Wildes.

Wilde kicked Lowe out and was directly responsible for the over-spending, chaotic management and terrible decisions that have had a direct impact on our clubs stability and future.

I do not necessarily like Lowe, but at least he wont make us insolvent. Granted he also wont lead us to greater things, but at least we would have had a future and a club to support in 5 years time if Wilde hadn't kicked him out.

Wilde decided he knew better. Wilde decided to put his merry men in charge. Wilde authorised the spending. So Wilde can take the blame for the situation we are in today.

I do not necessarily like Lowe, but at least he wont make us insolvent.

Looking at the gates we are getting I would disagree, we are in a downward spiral, and there is no getting out of it unless results on the pitch improve dramatically. THis spiral started long ago, when Lowe let WGS walk away.

An excellent summary. I am not sure about spite against Crouch, I do know that it was Lowe's decision to bring in Poortvliet. We are heading towards 12,000 average gates and yet as you say, with more quality on the pitch you could be talking of attendances in the 20,000s. Not sure we could be described as a sleeping giant but there is so much potential here

Good post.

Lowe started the rot with the ridiculous appointment of Wigley, it's been downhill since.

Despite bringing in £40m+ with the sales of Crouch, Walcott, Bale, Jones, Baird, Pele, Niemi, etc etc. we can't afford the basic requirement of any football club - players.

Enough said, go now you pompous clown Lowe.

Looking at the gates we are getting I would disagree, we are in a downward spiral, and there is no getting out of it unless results on the pitch improve dramatically. THis spiral started long ago, when Lowe let WGS walk away.

Looking at it from a different point of view though, if Wilde had not authorised our over spending, we would not have had to slice huge chunks off our wage bill. This means we may have been able to keep the likes of Stern John and Sagga which, IMO, would have fixed one of our biggest problems - a lack of cutting edge in the final third.

We are in a bucket load of debt and the two biggest causes of this the stadium and our over-spending. We've had the stadium for years now in the Prem and CCC and it's never caused a problem, even when Lowe was in charge first time around. But the problems started with our huge over-spending, authorised by Wilde. This led to farming out our strikers to save money, which in turn has led to a huge lack of goals being scored and in turn has led to poor results, lower gates and less income.

When Lowe was around first time, we managed to sell out St.Marys at times and even in the CCC we got regular 20k+ attendances. So I don't believe Lowe is to blame for our gates, it's an extremely good excuse for those who can't go though for various reasons.

It's the performances that dictate the gates and I believe performances would have been better if we had been able to keep paying our strikers. Due to Wildes spending, we can't.

Oh ffs, what a sh*tty excuse. So the man who is in charge of the team (Jan) is not at fault for the poor results, but the man who is chairman is? What a load of complete bullsh*t.

Saying that Lowe is at fault for everything is absolute crap. Like it or not, he's here to stay for the forseeable future. He won the EGM, I don't see any investment coming to the club any time soon and it's not like he's going to leave because of some irate fans.

Stop blaming Lowe for everything that is wrong at the club. It is Jan's fault. He's a nice guy and all, and he's shown that we have some talented youngsters at the club, but he's just not good enough. His tactics are very dodgy, as is some of his team selection.

I'm hardly a Lowe fan myself, I don't agree with every decision he's made, but it's completely pathetic to see Saints fans passing the buck onto a guy who's not really responsible for our performances on the pitch, which ultimately affects our position, which ultimately affects our financial state.

Time to grow up guys.

Looking at it from a different point of view though, if Wilde had not authorised our over spending, we would not have had to slice huge chunks off our wage bill. This means we may have been able to keep the likes of Stern John and Sagga which, IMO, would have fixed one of our biggest problems - a lack of cutting edge in the final third.

We are in a bucket load of debt and the two biggest causes of this the stadium and our over-spending. We've had the stadium for years now in the Prem and CCC and it's never caused a problem, even when Lowe was in charge first time around. But the problems started with our huge over-spending, authorised by Wilde. This led to farming out our strikers to save money, which in turn has led to a huge lack of goals being scored and in turn has led to poor results, lower gates and less income.

When Lowe was around first time, we managed to sell out St.Marys at times and even in the CCC we got regular 20k+ attendances. So I don't believe Lowe is to blame for our gates, it's an extremely good excuse for those who can't go though for various reasons.

It's the performances that dictate the gates and I believe performances would have been better if we had been able to keep paying our strikers. Due to Wildes spending, we can't.

But the really big contracts were handed out by Lowe?

Enough with the years of the blame game

Jan is trying but is doing a job with his hands tied behind his back.

****e!

Cutting costs by reducing all the services and hiring cheaper people to work for you can be done by anyone who doesn't really care what people think.

A 'cracking' businessman/woman turns a business around by making the product an attractive proposition that people want (i.e. pay to watch regarding Saints); make the customers recommend; make the press sit up and notice and make so attractive people want to invest. This might involve taking a risk with your own money.

Which of the above two has Lowe done?

I've sat here for some while reading pro and con comments on the man and his amazing statements (we might be considered underdogs against Manchester United - what a genius) and I am under the opinion he does not really care about the supporters or the football club just the stock-market and the share standing and he is the world's worst at delegating staff. His appointments have been virtually nothing short of appalling and if you are a good businessman you make sure your managers are good at their jobs and competent.

IMHO

Oh ffs, what a sh*tty excuse. So the man who is in charge of the team (Jan) is not at fault for the poor results, but the man who is chairman is? What a load of complete bullsh*t.

Saying that Lowe is at fault for everything is absolute crap. Like it or not, he's here to stay for the forseeable future. He won the EGM, I don't see any investment coming to the club any time soon and it's not like he's going to leave because of some irate fans.

Stop blaming Lowe for everything that is wrong at the club. It is Jan's fault. He's a nice guy and all, and he's shown that we have some talented youngsters at the club, but he's just not good enough. His tactics are very dodgy, as is some of his team selection.

I'm hardly a Lowe fan myself, I don't agree with every decision he's made, but it's completely pathetic to see Saints fans passing the buck onto a guy who's not really responsible for our performances on the pitch, which ultimately affects our position, which ultimately affects our financial state.

Time to grow up guys.

The problem is that the coach is implementing the Chairman's tactics though, isn't it?

The coach has been asked to play a Dutch football style in the Championship.

So whose fault is that when it doesn't work?

Who loaned out our three most effective goal-scorers and sold our best defender - the manager/coach?

If you turn on Jan you might as well hand Rupert the keys to the city.

It depends my friend... If you already had all the equipment needed to scale the Eiger and then chose not to use it then you're a bit of a plank.

Lowe had Pearson and chose not to use him...

Ergo, Lowe is a plank....

It depends my friend... If you already had all the equipment needed to scale the Eiger and then chose not to use it then you're a bit of a plank.

Lowe had Pearson and chose not to use him...

Ergo, Lowe is a plank....

I was of course referring to the coach, but I concur.

However, that does not get us out of the hole, simply confirms why we're in it!

But that is patently rubbish, our only home-grown players are Surman, Lallana and James, and Surman is experienced enough to be in any team. I don't count McG (Notts County transfer) or BWP, and all the others are loans or experienced pros. People fall for the spin time and again. We are crap because Lowe put an inexperienced coach in charge of these lads when an experienced one that knows and understands the CCC is what is really needed. I din't blame JP, he is part of the cause, but while he is in charge we will not succeed.

Well said SW11 , couldn't agree more .

Sorry it has to be said.

Lowe could have chosen an English manager and chose not to. He carries the can for this season.

I am going to take the dogs out, I may be gone some time

It is Lowe's fault...

For appointing another cheapo failure option just like himself.

Jan is also to blame, he's a clueless puppet and a muppet who looks defeated whenever a goal is conceded. I give up. Roll on the Manure humiliation.