Post match traffic

danny91973

As an aside but vaguely traffic related, where's the best place to park for an evening match? I'm determined to bring my daughter to a match under the floodlights but I guess West Quay shuts at some point in the evening?

You could park quite close on a single yellow line for night games but obviously the closer you are the worse the jams are. Radcliffe Road, Empress Road are comes to mind.

Walked home, fifteen minutes no problems. Support your local team ;)

I have no wish to support Shrewsbury Town thank you. I was brought up in Hampshire and have supported Saints for over 50 years. You can change your job, you can change your house, you can even change your wife. But you can NEVER change your football team

Normally park in the common car park, just down from the Cowherds - normally means its easy getting out, however not on Weds!!

You could park quite close on a single yellow line for night games but obviously the closer you are the worse the jams are. Radcliffe Road, Empress Road are comes to mind.

Thank you for the suggestions. I have to travel from Somerset so will need to get in and parked without the luxury of much time. Hopefully the East St multi might have a few spaces at around 18:00 ish.

Southampton will be a normal city traffic wise when they decide to duplicate the Avenue and Thomas Lewis Way. And remove 25% of existing traffic lights.

Wasn't that the idea of Thomas Lewis Way? To provide another main route into town to relieve the Avenue?

What would you give up for the proposed new roads?

Wasn't that the idea of Thomas Lewis Way? To provide another main route into town to relieve the Avenue?

What would you give up for the proposed new roads?

The problem with Thomas Lewis Way is that it ends at the most abhorrent roundabout below the M27 near the airport. That's where the traffic starts to pile up.

Both of them would make more sense in a dual-carriageway format, or simply with two lanes for each direction of traffic. Neither are significantly urbanized along their way (Apart from the beginning of the Avenue maybe) so I don't think it would be difficult. Plus if you're heading North or West TLW is not really an alternative for 2/3 of the city.

The problem with Thomas Lewis Way is that it ends at the most abhorrent roundabout below the M27 near the airport. That's where the traffic starts to pile up.

Both of them would make more sense in a dual-carriageway format, or simply with two lanes for each direction of traffic. Neither are significantly urbanized along their way (Apart from the beginning of the Avenue maybe) so I don't think it would be difficult. Plus if you're heading North or West TLW is not really an alternative for 2/3 of the city.

They are doing a lot of road improvement work in that area, especially near the airport exits. Pain in the arse at the moment though. I'm not a fan of that roundabout. Got pushed off the M27 slip road there by a bloke who decided that my humble Polo wasn't a huge impediment to his suddenly planned lane change.