Saints £20m+ rated players

StratfordSaint

From Martin Samuels in the Mail:-

Southampton are considering legal action after losing Toby Alderweireld to Tottenham.

They claim the terms in his loan deal enabled them to sign him for £6.8m this summer, and the clause allowing Atletico Madrid to sell him for more elsewhere had expired. If true, FIFA might recommend some small compensation.

Yet Tottenham’s haughtiness in pushing ahead with the deal merely underlined the loss of prestige that comes with being a selling club. Southampton may have thrived against the odds despite losing five first-team players last summer, but it harmed their status.

This transfer window opened with Nathaniel Clyne’s move to Liverpool, and with Morgan Schneiderlin set for a £25m transfer to Manchester United, rivals will continue to see Southampton as ripe for plunder., rivals will continue to see Southampton as ripe for plunder. Tottenham took a liberty because they saw Southampton as weak.

Utter dross from that Fat hairy ***** earning a mint for that. Southampton didn't try to sell, Players wanted to leave.

If my son wanted to "leave" and i would get £25M for that, i would "sell"! There is nothing like a "selling club"; all clubs will sell if the price is right ... It is a tribute to our staff (coaches and scouts) that we consistently manage to appreciate a player's worth ...it is good business as long as we "buy right." That would ensure we inch up in the standings and finish in top 6 each year ... And maybe, just maybe, we can pull off an Atletico Madrid one of the years (heck ... I would settle for a Sevilla).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk