Premier League meltdown?

9-3

For some reason it amuses me when cockneys or southwestern folk ring up phone ins and say that they support Liverpool. I do think that there should be some personal connection (for English people) to the English club they support - that's just me though and people can support who they want. When a Brummie calls in, they generally support a Brummie team. Same with the north east.

And then there are those that seem to swap teams on a season basis!!

Exactly. I know several Liverpool fans who have ZERO connection with the city or the club (other than the fact that they are all complete ******s so fit in well with the rest of their fans). The greatest pleasure of supporting a football team is going to a match and everything which surrounds it, yet all bar one of these Liverpool fans have never even been to a game. I can't get my head around how you can follow a team which has no personal connection for you.

Something I will jump in and say here, mainly in agreement with this post, is that I was born and bred in Middlesbrough and I have supported Southampton all my life.

No one in my family supports Southampton, the only real connection I have to the club is that Matt Le Tiss was and still is my idol. I chose to support Southampton at age 3 as I 'liked the shirt' (back then this was all I had to say why I loved them so much) - now 27 years on I love this club more and more every day!

I have a connection to the club that I never ever want to lose.

Its upsetting me to see this amazing club with amazing players being ran so poorly at the moment.

But I will never EVER stop loving our amazing club.

How the kids of today and even people my age support the supposed 'Big teams' because they 'win everything' and never go to any games is beyond my thought process!!!