top 10 memories of the Dell

saintkiptanui

I remember the Sunday lunchtime do`s with the strippers and a comedian. One particular Sunday they had well known Skate Shep Wooley , who recorded the "Scummer" song as the comedy act and he bombed. He went off halfway through his act pretending that his guitar strings had broken but the management made him come out and finish!

Happy un PC days

Just remembered a belter of a goal.

Barry Horne v Bolton (I think) in the league cup (meedweek games at The Dell, so much better).

About 35 yards out..... It curled one way, then the other, then dipped a bit, then curled back the first way, then rose slightly, then buried itself.

Barry Horne v Bolton (I think) in the league cup (meedweek games at The Dell, so much better).

About 35 yards out..... It curled one way, then the other, then dipped a bit, then curled back the first way, then rose slightly, then buried itself.

Yea that was my "exocet" memory

- it was in the last minute and forced the game into extra time which we won

Just to be pedantic it was the FA Cup - same cup run where we beat United on pens at Old Trafford and eventually lost to the cheating Robert Fleck and Ruel Fox at Carrow Road.

Insane goal though - last minute, straight after Bolton had scored what they thought was the winner.