Are Liverpool the new Pompey ?

patred44

I have come to the conclusion they are while Pompey aren't in the same league as us.

The real rivalry happens when you actually play against each other.

I now hate everything about them, the hypocrisy the self entitlement and the delusion is just to much for me not to.

Maybe that's why we didn't concede a goal to them in 360 minutes of football and knocked them out the cup last season as often the underdogs in a rival game come out on top.

I must admit having Pompey as rivals is a bit like Man U having Oldham as rivals. I know nothing about them or what players they have.

I'd imagine the Liverpool game should produce an atmosphere of at least similar bitterness and intensity but that's up to you the fans.The authorities and Liverpool have done nothing to dampen the situation.

Whilst I don't particularly like them,and this summer has brought a new level of bitterness there are others in the pecking order for me:

Man Utd - detest them, glory seeking saps,

Skates - goes without saying, but one thingthat we should acknowledge, they do at least support their local club

Everton - 1984, John Bailey, C*nts of the highest order, even before the Koeman event

Spurs - (begrudgingly accept they play good football, & Poch is a good manager), intense disliking of them' and another club high on the loathing list, - in fact this should be endemic in every Saints fan as i believe we had a bitter relationship with them historically even from Southern League days. A disliking going back to the 1900's. For me it dates from my older family resenting the Chivers move just before I started following football in the 60's, the 1978 episode in the old Div 2, then Hoddle, Richards etc.