Pellegrino Reacts To Spurs Defeat

St Chalet

It's taken me a while to recognise it (I can be slow like that[emoji6]) but a common thread to his approach to every game is to start cautiously and wait for something to happen.

Only then does he react. There's never a proactive attitude, for example, to come out all guns blazing and take the game to the opposition. I suppose that occasionally we set up to park the bus from the word go, and that's tactics of a sort, but hardly positive.

And once something happens, how does he react? If we actually score first, his only plan seems to be to hold on to the lead. If the opposition score, we sometimes see a reaction from the players, but tactical changes and subs are always far too slow in coming, if at all. In fact, it usually looks like he's planned the subs before the game. We've been outmanoeuvred by opposition subs more than once.

So we keep getting comments about responding well, or responding too slowly. Never any proactive thought, which makes me wonder if he can actually form a game plan for himself. At the moment, we just go out and wait to see what happens. Then react. Or not.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sounds like Monk's description of his 'philosophy' then. I agree his substitutions are pointless in that he simply wishes to swap players around but still keep doing nothing despite 20 odd games of mostly this proving to be a fruitless exercise.

Oh dear, that was embarrassing. Not sure replacing the manager is our only problem, but it is one fix that needs to take place.

Need a manager that has gravitas. Struggling to think who we could get.

Much as I love the idea of Fonseca ... can we try another manager that hasn't managed here? O'Neill/Keane combo? Or Strachan back?

Current players not playing for the manager? Need a disciplinarian.

Think these would be considered too jurassic...technical and tactical dinosaurs with regard to the modern game.