Fulham 3-2 Saints - Post match

saint lard

Thanks - once I posted it I did think "hmmm that looks much longer than I expected, doubt anyone will read". Ha. Agree about the defence - it's like they all make little mistakes here and there, or aren't quite good enough in certain areas - each one is forgivable and wouldn't necessarily be costly, but when you add them all together it is the difference between winning and losing.

I said this to a friend at the game. It's not always about one glaring mistake, its just lots of little things that all dd up. Actually our issue is that every player in the side just lacks that little bit of quality that we once had. Because of that little things, that often go unnoticed, such as an imperfect first touch, slightly under weighted pass or slightly slower speed of thought all add up to reduce the number of chances we create or increase the opportunities for our opponents. It's all very subtle, but when combined just adds up to a bang average side. Without a talisman get out of jail card like MLT you don't score enough goals, concede too many and lose games.

when the side is so average any mistakes by manager or players show up massively. I am not sure Hughes is making loads of mistakes, but he isn't able to conceal them through his tactics. I wonder if any manager would keep this side up? Not without new blood at the back or the right combination of CB's and full backs found somehow.