Saints Scholars 2021/22

SuperSAINT

Very interesting that all 10 are internal and none of have been signed from elsewhere.

Usually we have brought in 3 or 4 from other clubs (often with no real success).

Ralph and Crocker have both mentioned a need to improve academy recruitment so that did slightly suprise me.

Of course, they could still sign players for the U18s and U23s.

Good that Doyle signed. Someone here mentioned he had a few looking at taking him from us.

Edited by Dusic

37 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Very interesting that all 10 are internal and none of have been signed from elsewhere.

Usually we have brought in 3 or 4 from other clubs (often with no real success).

Ralph and Crocker have both mentioned a need to improve academy recruitment so that did slightly suprise me.

Of course, they could still sign players for the U18s and U23s.

Good that Doyle signed. Someone here mentioned he had a few looking at taking him from us.

Spot on.  I’d heard that was the case.  You normally hear about the external signings - whether it’s Ferry, Pambou, Carson or JRod v2.0 but nothing surfaced. Brexit obviously made it tricky but fully expected some domestic signings — Especially when we’ve got a pretty big need for extra depth.  The respective squads are going to be very young this year.

Will be interesting to see what difference it makes to the U18’s this season as this year they will be implementing the Playbook.