How do I remove my contacts from daughters android phone?

Golactico

I've just given my 10yr old one of my old Android phones. No SIM card, she just wants to download a few games for car journeys.

I set the phone up using my Google account (Google have an age restriction of 13 for accounts) but although she can't accidentally call anyone without a SIM card, I'm not keen on all my contacts being on this phone. Any Ideas how I can remove them from this phone only?- I obviously don't want to delete them completely. Cheers

Did you rest the phone before setting it up? If not,

1. Disable syncing by going to “Settings” > “Accounts” > “Google“. Select your Google account and uncheck “Sync Contacts“. If you sync contacts with other apps such as Facebook or Twitter, be sure to disable syncing for those apps as well.
  2. Go to “Settings” > “Applications” > “Manage applications” > “All” > “Contacts” > “Storage” and select “Clear data“.

1 hour ago, Golactico said:

Thanks very much for your quick and knowledgeable reply.

Sorry to be thick, but does part 1 apply to my phone and part 2 to my daughter's?

I'm not an expert but I would say that both parts apply to your daughter's phone only. Part 1 is to make sure that after deleting the contacts on her phone they don't get restored again by any auto synching. Since you say that her phone is set up with your Google account details this would most probably happen. Please be aware that effectivley her phone will be considered by Google to be a copy of your phone too. She will also be able to make any purchases from Google Pay that you can. 

You might be better advised to set up a new Google account for her using a new email address. Gmail accounts are free.

Part 2 is the bit that removes the contacts from your daughter's phone