RIP Barry Humphries & Paul O’Grady

sadoldgit

Sadly passed away aged 89. I saw his stage show many years ago and was delighted to find that our seats were central and 3 rows from the stage….until Sir Les Patterson came on and spat his drink all over the first 4 rows!
I don’t find men dressing up as women intrinsically funny, but the Dame Edna persona let him get away with a priceless, acerbic wit.

Very funny man (and woman). RIP ocker.

Also a belated RIP to the wonderful, dog loving Paul O’Grady. He lived in the next village and although I never got to meet him many of the locals did and said that he was always happy to stop and chat and did a lot for the local community. The local Facebook page is full of stories about his helping people out and he was always popping into the local school with things to raffle to help them raise money. He offered to financially bail out the landlady of his local during Covid. No one has a bad word to say about him and it is good to see a local celeb get fully involved in their local community and to get such a warm send off. RIP Paul/Lilly.

We had a walk down to the church this afternoon to pay our respects and he has been buried in the same plot as his former partner, Brendan Murphy. Lots of lovely flowers and tributes including a touching floral arrangement of his old dog, Buster.

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text