Lack of steady partnerships

West end Saints

I believe good teams may switch some players around but have steady key partnerships, who get used to each other. 

Romeu and JWP, 

Cork, Hammond, Schniederlin, 

Etc

The two key areas for me are CBs and the midfield group. 

CBs we have suffered with injuries and not found stability. 

Midfield we lost JWP, signed Downes later in the window, lost both him and Smallbone. Add this to the apparent lack of the manager being sure who he prefers. 

I think we have plenty of quality out wide, with Fraser, Sulemana, Edozie, Adam A, Sam AA. 

He is settled on his keeper and fullbacks. 

My hope is that if he finds his midfield /CBs and sticks with them for several games they will learn his Methods and more importantly working together. 

For me, at the moment

CBs - 

THB and JB

Midfield - 

Charles and Downes

Alcarez

I would probably persist with Edozie and Fraser, with Sulemana coming on at 70 mins, until hopefully he proves himself as a starter. With Sam getting decent minutes. 

Then suppose we have to have Che with one behind, AA, plus Stu coming on as needed. 

If we see that for a few games, hopefully their quality with consistency would work???

Players were looking lost and getting in each others way. 

• Like 1

Yes, to actually give himself a chance of staying in post Martin has to get a settled side with partnerships establishing. Bednarek and THB are probably the best we have when fit, and you’d think Charles and Downes are straight in as well. The biggest error will be trying to crowbar Adam Armstrong into the team as an auto starter. He’s got energy, but the time for this is the last 10 minutes when we should be seeing games out.