Edinburgh

Pip87

Wow I'd love to do that - I'm a big Ian Rankin / Rebus fan.

Hey Pip - there's great shopping in Princes Street. :)

Did you get your hair cut in the end? You got me thinking and I've now had mine all chopped off (well, not all, but you know what I mean).

I have just started on them. Got through the first 5, currently having a break to read a few other novels, but will be back on Rebus before my Edinburgh visit in June.

Thanks! I think i'll go to this arthurs seat place (which seems to be less of a seat and more of a hill?) and the castle. I'll have a look into the Rebus tour too - what exactly is it? Never heard of it before.

BTF - I was told there is some outlet shopping, is that the princes street place or somewhere else? The boyfriend needs (wants?) new clothes so we'll have to do some shopping :-) Yes i did get my hair cut. I'm very pleased with it! :-) What did you go for?

Thanks! I think i'll go to this arthurs seat place (which seems to be less of a seat and more of a hill?) and the castle. I'll have a look into the Rebus tour too - what exactly is it? Never heard of it before.

BTF - I was told there is some outlet shopping, is that the princes street place or somewhere else? The boyfriend needs (wants?) new clothes so we'll have to do some shopping :-) Yes i did get my hair cut. I'm very pleased with it! :-) What did you go for?

Rebus is a fictional detective and Ian Rankin has written a whole load of books featuring him. There's also been a series on TV with Ken Stott as Rebus.

Here's a link:

http://www.scotland.org.uk/features/rebus_tours_230502.htm

Also there's part of Edinburgh that's underground - this area was later built over but parts of it can now be visited. I'm sure this featured in one of the Rebus novels but I might be mistaken.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/legacies/heritage/scotland/lothian/article_1.shtml

I don't know anything about a shopping outlet - sorry.

I had my hair cut quite short. I'm not sure I like it TBH :(

Cool - thanks for that. I have to go to work soon but will take a look at that tomorrow.

Why don't you like your hair cut? How short is short? When did you have it done? It took me a bit of getting used to and sometimes i still look at it and get a bit upset it's so short (even though it's still well below the shoulders). But it is a vast improvement so i'm happy overall. I'm looking forward to the length growing out a bit though. I'm trying to put a picture up that shows how much hair I had simply chopped off before she even washed and began styling it but I can't. I have taken the picture from facebook to my memory stick but when I go to put it up it asks for a URL, which i don't have.

I shall ask about the shopping areas when i'm up there :-)

Awesome city, the locals have always been top notch. I was there for the rugby last year and enjoyed every minute of it. The Halfway Inn (I think) is worth a visit, it's just off the Mile and is the smallest pub in the UK I believe, superb landlord and decent regulars.

You'll enjoy it!

There is a large shopping outlet in Livingston this is the standard shops but apparently at outlet prices (think whitely but a lot bigger). This is about 10 miles out of Edinburgh / 20 minute drive.

Edited by JonnyLove

went there a few weeks ago, for a day trip, flew with Ryanair for 1p each way lol!

Went up Nelson's Monument huge tall building you climb up, very good views, and knackering!

Castle is good,

DO NOT go in the Edinburgh dungeons its crap.

unless,

Go into the Tourist information place, and buy the pass for £24 for one day thing.

allows you to go into different attractions unlimited times.

I only found that out at the end of the day after i went round everywhere, lol!

Hope that helps

Grassmarket area good on a friday /Saturday Night.

I can recommend a good italian . Jolly's also some good real pubs in the back streets not far from waverly station.

Rose street is okayish but its really for the tourists. but it may suit you down

to the ground.

Anyway loads to do. sight seeing eating drinking and some of the chicks are not bad looking either.

Well i'm back. Went up Arthurs seat and that was really good. Also went shopping which was very good. I can suggest that no one goes into a club called Lulus at 125b George Street. There's one bouncer that thinks it's appropriate to push someone half his size up stairs for no reason. Didn't go to the castle as the pub we went to before the club was really expensive and the castle was expensive too. Will go next time.

Go to Lauriston place there are 4 strip clubs all next to each other. That should keep you ocupied. (Where the premier inn is and just down the side street to it's left (facing)).

Happy to help

The pubic triangle :cool:

Grassmarket area good on a friday /Saturday Night.

Rose street is okayish but its really for the tourists. but it may suit you down

to the ground.

Grassmarket/Haymarket are about 100 times more "toursity" than Rose St/George St.