Team for tomorrow

Verbal Kint

Thomas is listed there, but no Jason Euell or (surprisingly) Jake Thomson. Possibly carrying a knock?

Saints squad - (From) Bialkowski, Forecast, James, Thomas, Cork, Surman, Wotton, Gillett, Dyer, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Holmes, McGoldrick, John, Lancashire, White, Mills, Wright-Phillips.

I must be going blind!

Anyway I would guess that we still harbour hopes of selling KD to a prem club so he stays out not to get cup-tied. I suppose Thomas might play given that if we sell him it will prob be to another CCC club no longer in the Carling Cup. Same with BWP.

Difficult one.

On one hand, the lads who are playing well should keep their places to ensure they maintain their momentum, but on the other hand I'm sure we'd all rather they were fresh for the league games which are (in my opinion) far more important.

Obviously Svensson will be rested, and I guess it's a straight choice between Wotton, Thomas and Cork to replace him, but I'd probably consider resting any player who's got any sort of knock or slight niggle.

Agreed, very difficult. On one hand you want the same team for many positive reasons, on the other hand it is vital we do nor overdo it.

I thought that we looked slightly jaded in the second half against Birmingham, believing that was mainly due to virtually the same team playing against Exeter.

My preference would be to rest as many as possible, but others may not see it that way. I fully expect our young charges to go off the boil at various stages due to the physical commitment required for the CCC and we need to rest them at suitable opportunities.