Team for tomorrow

Verbal Kint

Cork in for Killer. And put Skacel in place of Holmes. Just to try.

I think Skacel is still injured after the ressies game. According to the Echo site, James and Holmes are a doubt.

I can't see him changing much else. I would think he'll stick with Mcgoldrick.

Expecting to the team to consist of the following (baring in mind possible injury to Holmes and Svensson being rested):

-------------Davis----------

James--Cork--Perry--Surman

----Gillet-----Schniederlin---

----White--Lallana--Dyer----

----------McGoldrick--------

Bench: Bart, Mills, Hatch, Wotton, John, BWP, Euell

If the games going well (big IF mind) then i would like to see Mills come on at some point and Surman move up to the left wing position as i think he could well there in the absence of Holmes.

No changes unless unavoidable, that must be Jan's mantra. We know Killer will be rested. Whether Cork will replace him or remain at RB where he finished the Derby gameand bring Wotton in is the only decision Jan should have to make. If Holmes is injured then bring in Dyer (there is no case for Skacel yet).

No changes unless unavoidable, that must be Jan's mantra. We know Killer will be rested. Whether Cork will replace him or remain at RB where he finished the Derby gameand bring Wotton in is the only decision Jan should have to make. If Holmes is injured then bring in Dyer (there is no case for Skacel yet).

Agree with that

My team vs Birmingham

----------------------K.Davis------------------------

J.Cork---------W.Thomas-----C.Perry[c]-----A.Surman

---------------Gillett---------Schniederlin----------------

N.Dyer-----------------A.LLanna-----------L.Homes

--------------------S.John------------------

Subs:

[GK] B.Bilakowski

P.Wotton

J.Thompson

J.White

J.Euell

D.McGoldrick

B.W-Phillips

I can't see them putting players in the shop window in a cup tie, as he might put some clubs off buying cup tied players? And 1 game isn't going to make a difference to their attractiveness anyway.

I would imagine thought that Thomas will come in for Killer, Cork for James, Dyer for White and BWP for Holmes

Dont ever change a winning side (apart from Killer, of course)

If a team are doing well and are confident, they can overcome any lingering knackeredness (though at this stage of the season, there shouldnt be any)

Indeed, especially considering the general age of the side. Consistency is key to getting out of this league. I'd go for Thomas or Cork in for Svensson and if James is injured then both.

I'd also like to see John, Dyer and Mills get 30 minutes each. If Reading do come in with a last minute bud for Surman it would be nice for Mills to have featured already.

So he can just mope about the pitch not giving a ****?

Sorry, what evidence could you possibly be basing that on?

Can't remember ever seeing Skacel look like he can't be a*se. Unfit possibly, but not lazy.

Or do you just believe everything the OS tells you and believe anyone over the age of 24, who doesn't have ginger hair, is lazy, overpaid and crap and that we're better off without them.

The final nail etc....

It's comments like this that show some people just want Skacel to fail so they can have a dig. What would be wrong with giving him the chance to prove himself in the first team, so he can become an asset to the squad this season. Beatting Derby doesn't guarantee safety, there WILL come a time later in the season when we need some experienced players with some ability to help the younger players dig in.

I`d certainly like to have John involved from the start,just to get him going. we all know what he is capable of,he just needs that little rub off the green to be back to his usual clinical self IMO.

also,Dyer and BWP should play some part,as they WILL be needed during the course of the season bearing in mind injuries,dips in form and yellow cards.. besides,especially Dyer has got a great potential if only he gets his head sorted out. the best way for that to happen is by playing games !

It's comments like this that show some people just want Skacel to fail so they can have a dig. What would be wrong with giving him the chance to prove himself in the first team, so he can become an asset to the squad this season. Beatting Derby doesn't guarantee safety, there WILL come a time later in the season when we need some experienced players with some ability to help the younger players dig in.

Want Rudi to fail? Certainly not. However, bitter experience has taught me to expect the worst. Why would I suggest playing Rudi if I wanted him to fail? For pities sake.

When possible play the same side but if players are carrying injuries however slight then

rest those for tonight ie James, Svensson and Holmes.

Cork, Wotton at the back with Dyer on the left.

Skacel was injured in the reserve game and if recovered the best he can hope for is sub.

I personally would rather see Mills, Holmes and Surman down the left as Skacel will never attain the fitness level required. Not forgetting Thomson, Hatch, James and Cork down the right. Choices eh! Who would be a Manager/Coach.

I'd bring Cork in at right back to give him a full match there. On the evidence of Saturday I think he might be the answer in the position. Rest Killer and give a start to Lancashire. Bart played in the last cup match so I'd stick with that policy. If Holmes is injured I'd move Surman up left flank with Mills behind him (although I'd expect them to spend a good deal of the game on the overlap). Give John a start and another chance to see if he can pick up last season's form.

-------------------Bialkowski

Cork------Lancashire-----C.Perry[c]-----Mills

-------------Gillett---------Schneiderlin

-------White-------Lallana-------Surman

--------------------S.John

Subs:

[GK] Forecast

Wotton

Euell

McGoldrick

Thomson

Dyer

Difficult one.

On one hand, the lads who are playing well should keep their places to ensure they maintain their momentum, but on the other hand I'm sure we'd all rather they were fresh for the league games which are (in my opinion) far more important.

Obviously Svensson will be rested, and I guess it's a straight choice between Wotton, Thomas and Cork to replace him, but I'd probably consider resting any player who's got any sort of knock or slight niggle.

Dont ever change a winning side (apart from Killer, of course)

If a team are doing well and are confident, they can overcome any lingering knackeredness (though at this stage of the season, there shouldnt be any)

+1.

I don't buy into the they need to be rested for league games, we are only 3 league games into the season ffs! If they are already needing a rest then there is a bit of a problem!

Edited by saints_is_the_south

Want Rudi to fail? Certainly not. However, bitter experience has taught me to expect the worst. Why would I suggest playing Rudi if I wanted him to fail? For pities sake.

The phrase, "final nail etc" suggest to me that you want to prove once and for all that he definitely isn't worth a place in the team.

And what bitter experience is this? The last 2 games he has played in midfield, he was by far the best player on the pitch. It's not just me saying that. Against Norwich he won the MOTM poll by something of a landslide, and got a fair number of votes against Bury, despite only being on the pitch for 30 minutes. Before that I think his last game in midfielder was at Molineux in the playoff season, and we all know how crap that was. I just think we can do without trying to rewrite history.

Bialkowski

Cork Lancashire Perry Surman

Schniederlin Gillett

Dyer Lallana White

McGoldrick

Subs: Forecast, Mills, Hatch, Wotton, BWP, Thomson, John

Thomas won't play. He didn't play against Exeter so he wasn't cup tied and he won't play tonight. Same applies to Davis - although with his recent performances, we might be a bit more reluctant to sell him. Surman might as well play because he played against Exeter. From what I've seen, JP rates Lancashire so he might play tonight from the start; if not then Wotton probably will. No need to risk Killer, James or Holmes if they have even the slightest knock - give them the night off and get them ready for Saturday.

The phrase, "final nail etc" suggest to me that you want to prove once and for all that he definitely isn't worth a place in the team.

And what bitter experience is this? The last 2 games he has played in midfield, he was by far the best player on the pitch. It's not just me saying that. Against Norwich he won the MOTM poll by something of a landslide, and got a fair number of votes against Bury, despite only being on the pitch for 30 minutes. Before that I think his last game in midfielder was at Molineux in the playoff season, and we all know how crap that was. I just think we can do without trying to rewrite history.

I was sarcastically playing on the expectations of the other forum members. Do forgive me for being tongue in cheek. :rolleyes:

+1.

I don't buy into the they need to be rested for league games, we are only 3 league games into the season ffs! If they are already needing a rest then there is a bit of a problem!

Plus the international break is just around the corner, so there's two weeks between Blackpool & QPR games.

We need to play our strongest possible team tonight. This team is still in the learning stage, and needs to play together as much as possible.

This is an excellent opportunity for us to find out whether we've "learned our lessons" from the first Brum game.

A draw tonight would be a good result for us. It'll show that we have indeed learned from the defeat, and will give us another competitive game against "quality" opposition, away at St. Andrews, where valuable points aren't at stake.

Extra time & penalties, isn't it? I know what you mean. A draw after 90 mins would be a confidence boost - for all of us.

Absolutely. Problem is, we no longer have the element of surprise with Brum. They will try to bully us from the off, and that in itself may work in our favour. I honestly think we'll win this.

A draw tonight would be a good result for us. It'll show that we have indeed learned from the defeat, and will give us another competitive game against "quality" opposition, away at St. Andrews, where valuable points aren't at stake.

If it's a draw tonight, isn't there extra time and then penalties?

Sorry, my ignorance.

But still a great chance to measure the progress of the side so soon after the defeat.

And, especially if it goes into extra time, the chance to mix up the tactics and give 15 or 16 outfield players a run out in a competitive game against tough opponents.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10495

Thomas not in squad, nor KD or Rudi. No surprises there then. BWP in the squad but shouldn't think he will be used.

Thomas is listed there, but no Jason Euell or (surprisingly) Jake Thomson. Possibly carrying a knock?

Saints squad - (From) Bialkowski, Forecast, James, Thomas, Cork, Surman, Wotton, Gillett, Dyer, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Holmes, McGoldrick, John, Lancashire, White, Mills, Wright-Phillips.

Edited by LeBenali