Wanyama stats

NickG

Wanyama's involvement this season was raised on another thread, so whilst on exercise bike looked at his stats this season.

Looking at games where he played more than 45 mins (which actually takes out 3-0 victory at Fulham so could be harsh on him). He played almost exactly half the season.

Played 17, for 22, against 6, points 33.

Over season, for 49, against 13, points 74.

I appreciate that this doesn't take into account any other team changes, or opposition but as half a season far more than a fluke.

It does include everton, Man U at home, Liverpool, man u, arsenal and Chelsea away.

Still very young but seeing him boss Man U and these stats potentially huge player for us......if we keep him ;)

Those are some interesting statistics - I hadn't realised just how well the team performed with him in the squad. We're extremely fortunate to have such an exciting prospect for the future who, as long as he can stay fit, should hopefully prove to be a major star next season.

I would still like to see a comparison with Jack Cork because my gut feeling is that, with all things considered, the two had relatively similar seasons. May be wrong on that, of course, and it doesn't change the fact that Victor is more of an asset to the club.

Those are some interesting statistics - I hadn't realised just how well the team performed with him in the squad. We're extremely fortunate to have such an exciting prospect for the future who, as long as he can stay fit, should hopefully prove to be a major star next season.

I would still like to see a comparison with Jack Cork because my gut feeling is that, with all things considered, the two had relatively similar seasons. May be wrong on that, of course, and it doesn't change the fact that Victor is more of an asset to the club.

Cork, same criteria...

Played 20, for 28, against 32, points 24

Over seasons

Played 38, for 53, against 61, points 47

Maybe Cork played in weaker team, but alsoaybe against weaker opposition??

Wanyama by some distance for me, but Cork excellent player either with him or back up

Cork, same criteria...

Played 20, for 28, against 32, points 24

Over seasons

Played 38, for 53, against 61, points 47

Maybe Cork played in weaker team, but alsoaybe against weaker opposition??

Wanyama by some distance for me, but Cork excellent player either with him or back up

How many games did Wanyama play with Lovren and/or Boruc out?

Wanyama's involvement this season was raised on another thread, so whilst on exercise bike looked at his stats this season.

Looking at games where he played more than 45 mins (which actually takes out 3-0 victory at Fulham so could be harsh on him). He played almost exactly half the season.

Played 17, for 22, against 6, points 33.

Over season, for 49, against 13, points 74.

I appreciate that this doesn't take into account any other team changes, or opposition but as half a season far more than a fluke.

It does include everton, Man U at home, Liverpool, man u, arsenal and Chelsea away.

Still very young but seeing him boss Man U and these stats potentially huge player for us......if we keep him ;)

If you've got time and energy to do this whilst on the exercise bike you clearly arent focused on the exercise you are doing and won't be doing that at a heart rate and effort level high enough either to burn fat or increase cardiovascular endurance. You may have well have just sat on your arse to be honest. Thanks for the stats though.