Diego Costa banned for 3 games

pap

A Football Weekly podder reckons this could be Diego Costa's watershed moment, and like Luis Suarez, would have legitimate calls go against him because of prior simulation or aggression.

I'm surprised it has taken this long. He's wound people up and got into argy-bargy all season.

I get the comparisons, but I'm not sure if I agree.

Suarez would give, then throw himself all over the shop if the wind changed. Costa seems to accept that if he gives it, he's going to get it back.

On a slight tangent (sorry, Pap don't yell at me again plz) I saw this description on Twitter the other night, thought it was spot on:

‏@JananGanesh

Costa is the archetypal Mourinho player: self-made, late developer, radiates aggro, somehow more than the sum of his parts technically.[/url]

I do like Costa, he's a proper nutter in (just about) the right way. I certainly wouldn't like to come up against him.

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove

I think the main similarity is that refs will keep a closer eye on him. Aggression is a big part of his game. They'll be on the lookout for it, and if he continues to play the way that he does, he'll get the cards his play merits.

Accept they are both different kinds of player. They'll get a similar level of scrutiny.