Club won't be replacing Fonte, gardos to get his chance

Mr X

I hurt my back so I thought it would cheer me up to respond to some nonsense.

Easily really, Reed promised we wouldn't sell Fonte unless we had his replacement signed up!! Quick as a flash fook all from Reed!!

Did he say signed up or lined up?

If this is true then I can only believe in the summer the club will be sold after all the assets have been stripped from the club.

And why would that happen? Wouldn't it make more sense to sell the assets with the club and get a better price and a happier buyer?

I must be a footballing genius cos I predicted this on the UI earlier in the week.

Ideal opportunity for Les to pocket £8m and rub his hands at the bank balance.

You do understand that Reed doesn't get to keep the money--it belongs to the club.

Fine, but to me that is semantics, and if Reed is going to treat me/us like ****ing morons, then I am not sure it will go down too well. If we replace from within, I really have no problem with that, that is, if they can do the job.

If you feel Reed is treating you like a moron you are probably projecting your actual status into his actions which are completely unrelated to you.

If we don't replace fonte and get a new striker this month then Les Reed is blatantly taking the fans for mugs. No excuse for not addressing both positions. Both been known for some time.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I have never understood comments like this. Exactly what is the advantage to Reed in mismanaging the club and taking us for Mugs? Did he make a bet with the guy who runs Palace that we would finish lower than them this year and he is desperately trying to win that bet?

I think he's been taking us for mugs for the last couple of seasons. You can't keep selling your prize assets and replacing on the cheap. He got lucky but his luck has well and truly run out.

So what do you suggest? Pitch side protest, a march through the city centre, maybe picket Les's house how about a match boycott? You organise something to show the club we're not mugs mate and we'll come and support you.

This is all very silly. Exactly what were they supposed to have done differently? Not sell players who want to leave? Buy more expensive replacements who are no more likely to be successful here than the less expensive ones? Pay higher wages than the club can afford to keep/get better players?

Some of the fans here live in a fantasy world where things are going poorly when they are not and the problems are easy to fix if only the people running the club were as smart as the fans. That last part is actually true though. If the people running the club were as smart as the fans we would be able to fix the club's problems (being in League One) by firing them.

Les isnt a Southampton fan, hes a failed player and manager who is close to retirement.

He makes Kat money, thats his job. He is doing his job.

Unfortunately his targets and bonuses do not appear to be football success related.

Make money money, make money money

Take money money, take money money

Make money money, make money money

Take money money, take money money

Not alot we can do about it really. Crowd numbers are dropping fast but that wont stop them, income from gates is small fry now....

If his bonuses aren't football related that is bad luck for him since the performance over the past several years would have resulted in pretty good bonus. Also, where is the evidence that they have been taking money out of the club? Overall Ms. Liebherr has put money in.

I hurt my back so I thought it would cheer me up to respond to some nonsense.

This is all very silly. Exactly what were they supposed to have done differently? Not sell players who want to leave? Buy more expensive replacements who are no more likely to be successful here than the less expensive ones? Pay higher wages than the club can afford to keep/get better players?

Sarcasm not an American thing is it Red?