DellBlockH
Subscribed Users-
Posts
142 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by DellBlockH
-
I keep returning in the hope of an update from MB. Anything?
-
Fawanews works for me (on Toob).
-
Text from a random person listening to Solent.
-
I think Wrexham are there for the taking. We just need a bit more conviction with our final shots. If we score one, we'll go on to get more.
-
Don't know why they've taken KWP off. He's looked one of their better players.
-
I tried to buy a large 3rd strip shirt for my son. No larges until after Christmas. Loads of xxl and 4xl though. Are all Saints fans fat bastards?
-
Any lengthy ban would effectively make Eckert unemployed and unemployable in his chosen profession. This opens a whole can of worms about restraint of trade. The club may have had to agree not to use civil litigation against the EFL and may have a similar agreement with the FA. But surely an individual cannot be barred from seeking redress in the civil courts if he/she believes a decision affecting their livelihood is unjust? I'm not a lawyer (obviously) but it can't be natural justice to stop a man earning a living for something so relatively minor. Examples I can think of where regulatory bodies can do this are teachers when they shag the pupils, solicitors when they steal clients' money and doctors when they kill their patients. A bit of observation of training hardly comes into that sort of seriousness.
-
Officials at the game made the right call - it took VAR to get it wrong. If we do go up, I hate the prospect of being subject to that again.
-
Why wouldn't he? According to the EFL, the spying was authorised from the top. He'd have a case against the club if they stopped paying him for doing something they authorised. And, besides, we'd want him back at the end of any ban. And, in my opinion, given the EFL punishment, any ban would be disproportionate to the offence. A warning about future conduct would be fair, possibly with a suspended 3-match ban if they really feel they have to do something.
-
Just switched over to football on Sky from the cricket. Commentator on Bolton game at half time picked out some highlights of other games to come later. Didn't mention Siants game (ALL the others are highlights, apparently) but did say that, in his opinion, Swansea are playing the best football in the Championship. Didn't think to mention Tuesday's result. I'm not suggesting any sinister media c9nspiracy, but it just seemed odd.
-
JWP with an assist, I think!
-
I don't get all the hate for Stephens. Yes, he made a couple of mistakes in the opening games. But Schlotterbeck was very lucky to get away with the couple he made against Birmingham. All players make mistakes. Stephens was very good in the last half of last season. He's not the best but he's also not as bad as people like to make out. And he can bring the ball out of defence. He's totally committed to the club and always puts in a full shift. It's good to keep him involved. He may not be everybody's favourite player but there's no need for the abuse he gets on here.
- 1074 replies
-
- 13
-
-
4th story https://www.theguardian.com/football/2026/sep/04/premier-league-news-manchester-united-everton-aston-villa-manchester-city-tottenham?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other
-
Could be true. As an athlete, he has to take care of his lungs.
-
If you're calling people "mongs", you've lost the argument. But you'd done that already anyway.
-
You could well be right. I took my information from some random Internet site about attendances.
-
Attendance for the nearest equivalent game last season was 28,922. This was on the 22nd August and so not a bank holiday weekend. So final attendance then was about the same as has already been sold now, I think.
-
We just need a Championship club to sign Zaha now for full comedy value.
-
Footballers are professionals. It's fairly rare to play for the club you supported as a child. What effect does it have on his playing ability that he supported a rival?
-
Can you get to this from the Kingsland?
-
Never understood why Watford come out to Johnny Todd/Theme from Z Cars. I can understand Everton doing it. Couldn't Sir Elton have written them their own tune?
-
Good grief. Sky host just asked if Jarrod Bowen is the greatest player ever to play in the Championship?
-
Good to see Derby lose, for entirely personal reasons. The only Derby supporter I know is a right **** (word self-censored). Also, Charlton are my second team.
-
I know this is the transfer thread, not the match thread, but as everybody else is commenting on yesterday's game... I thought we did what we did in quite a few games last season against an "inferior" team: kept possession, played out from the back and generally made them chase the ball. Then, when they were tiring, we brought on a proper striker, beefed up the midfield and attacked. Yes, there were one or two chances for them but we have to accept the risk of this sort of tactic. But, I agree, we need a second striker.
-
Radio 5 Live building it up as the second big match of the day (behind W Ham v Pompey) as it's our "first game since Spygate". As if that makes a difference.
