Barca Benchwarmer to Saints?

CamberwellSaint

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/18/football-transfer-rumours-barcelonas-paco-alcacer-to-southampton

Having watched the highlights of the Newcastle game, I'm not certain that Alcacer would add a great deal unless we're shipping Austin out and using a formation that needs two strikers.

While I'm posting, Van Dyk clearly doesn't care (anyone notice him and Maya not even look at each other before the last minute NUFC corner? I lost count of the weak VVD clearances, not least the one that led to the first Newcastle goal). Cedric and Bertrand were anonymous, and not because they're suddenly bad players.

How about this?

Goalkeeper

Hoedt Yoshida Stephens

Cedric Romeu Bertrand

Lemina

Boufal Davis

Gabbiadini

No, not for me.

If you're going to play 3 at the back what's the point in then playing Davis & Boufal, one of which hardly scores & one of which has produced 10 minute cameos once in a while. There's even less goals in that line up, than our usual shambles.

If you're going to play 3 at the back, then it must be to get 2 strikers up top. At home, I'd go with Austin & Gabbi , whilst away I'd go with Long & Gabbi. Tadic has to play in the 10 . Like him or loath him , he's proven quality . Hook him for Davis if we're winning or Boufal if we're chasing the game.

I actually like a back 3, but we aren't good enough to just switch mid season. It needs constant drills & pre season to bed in. Anyway , there wasn't that much difference in our defensive formation last season, the full backs bombed on & OR sat deeper. Our diamond was very near to a 3-4-3 a lot of the time and that didn't exactly give us goals galore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter