N.Ireland/S.Ireland Saints

Yes no problem mate.

Caught in 2 minds about what way to come back.Its £91 from Belfast-Southampton return with flybe.£30 to Southampton on the Sat. and £25 back from Bristol.So for the sake of £36 i might just come back from Southampton on the Sunday night.Also still need to get to Bristol which is around £15.What do you think?

Irish Saints Supporters - (email info@irishsaints.ie) http://www.irishsaints.ie

We will be at almost every home game (and any cup game home and away) this Season. If you would like to meet up, email us or contact us through http://www.irishsaints.ie

JPT Final - Wembley, please get in touch with us regarding travel arrangements - if there are many going, we can arrange group travel re - trains etc for discount if we travel together. Also, some airline's do group travel discounts.

Caught in 2 minds about what way to come back.Its £91 from Belfast-Southampton return with flybe.£30 to Southampton on the Sat. and £25 back from Bristol.So for the sake of £36 i might just come back from Southampton on the Sunday night.Also still need to get to Bristol which is around £15.What do you think?

train to bristol one way if you don't book online is £18 and then £6 for the bus to the airport so for the sake of about £10, southampton is the obvious choice if you ask me!! Let me know what times your booking over and back and ill book the same. 2 more flights with flybe now and ill have 16 points (a free uk return flight!!) wohoo

I flew back from Bristol yesterday (from the mk dons game) and got the train - here is what i spent:

train booked online £11.50

newspaper £1

bottle of water £1

Bristol flyer to airport £6

Total: - £20 so thats the average cost to take into account.

Irish Saints Supporters - (email info@irishsaints.ie) http://www.irishsaints.ie

We will be at almost every home game (and any cup game home and away) this Season. If you would like to meet up, email us or contact us through http://www.irishsaints.ie

JPT Final - Wembley, please get in touch with us regarding travel arrangements - if there are many going, we can arrange group travel re - trains etc for discount if we travel together. Also, some airline's do group travel discounts.

Its £31.99 return from Belfast City to Stansted going early on Sunday morning and back late afternoon on Monday.Looks like this is the cheapest option.

train to bristol one way if you don't book online is £18 and then £6 for the bus to the airport so for the sake of about £10, southampton is the obvious choice if you ask me!! Let me know what times your booking over and back and ill book the same. 2 more flights with flybe now and ill have 16 points (a free uk return flight!!) wohoo

I flew back from Bristol yesterday (from the mk dons game) and got the train - here is what i spent:

train booked online £11.50

newspaper £1

bottle of water £1

Bristol flyer to airport £6

Total: - £20 so thats the average cost to take into account.

The late flight from Bristol is now only a tenner all in so might go for this now.

Hey guys ... The Flybe flight to Southampton from Belfast the day before The JPT final is a freebie ... taxes only. Shouldn't be too difficult to get on a coach/minibus from Southampton's fine City ;) to Wembley (hangovers permitting from the previous nights excesses in town :cool:) and back for a celebration party, then less than a tenner on the Monday return ... sounds like a plan if you book early enough ;)

Irishsaint83 was on to me about Tranmere away on March 6th.I am now very tempted by this.So Belfast City to Liverpool Dep.9.30 Arr.10.20 with Ryanair £9.99 inc. charges.Liverpool to Belfast International Dep.19.30 Arr.20.20 with Easyjet £20.99.So a day trip works out very cheap and Prenton Park is about half an hour by taxi from the airport,with 4 sharing should work out about £5-£10 each return.

Irishsaint83 was on to me about Tranmere away on March 6th.I am now very tempted by this.So Belfast City to Liverpool Dep.9.30 Arr.10.20 with Ryanair £9.99 inc. charges.Liverpool to Belfast International Dep.19.30 Arr.20.20 with Easyjet £20.99.So a day trip works out very cheap and Prenton Park is about half an hour by taxi from the airport,with 4 sharing should work out about £5-£10 each return.

im going to give this a miss for the swindon home game on tue 16th instead.

so im at:

walsall 27th feb

leeds 13th march

swindon 16th march

jpt final 28th march

i just aint going to be able to afford tranmere aswell!!!

im going to give this a miss for the swindon home game on tue 16th instead.

so im at:

walsall 27th feb

leeds 13th march

swindon 16th march

jpt final 28th march

i just aint going to be able to afford tranmere aswell!!!

ok ok ok..... you've pulled my arm!!! Im going to the tranmere game away instead of the Swindow one....

Alright lads- I was actually at the Pompey game too! In the Kingsland. Will be heading over to Wembley at the end of next month too! Heading over to Stansted 6.30am Sunday morning- back home 6.30am Monday morning!

I'd actually love to head over more often than I do. And it would be wicked to get some sort of an Irish Saints Supporters group set up so we could arrange trips- must actually log onto that site above for a start!

Alright lads- I was actually at the Pompey game too! In the Kingsland. Will be heading over to Wembley at the end of next month too! Heading over to Stansted 6.30am Sunday morning- back home 6.30am Monday morning!

I'd actually love to head over more often than I do. And it would be wicked to get some sort of an Irish Saints Supporters group set up so we could arrange trips- must actually log onto that site above for a start!

Yes mate log onto it.Irishsaint83 has done a brilliant job with it.As for the Supporters club its already up and running and you would be more than welcome to be a part of it.

Bristol Rovers away is now tempting me aswell.Out from Belfast City on Tues. 13th April at 14.00 arr. 15.10 in Bristol.Back next day to Belfast City from Bristol Dep.12.25 arr.13.35.Cost £19.99 inc. charges.A Hotel with 3 or so sharing around a tenner each.Sweet!

Yeah, I've got my eye on the Bristol Rovers game also mate.

ok so we have the irish saints supporters club. check out http://www.irishsaints.ie and sign up to be kept up to date. We have arranged the pompey trip already and have plenty more planned over the coming weeks-the web site has all the details

regarding the jpt final - is that from dublin? where are you staying, we are going to try and book a hotel together - ibis wembley is most likely. you should book with us.

I was also at pompey game - was also in Kingsland.

ok so we have the irish saints supporters club. check out http://www.irishsaints.ie and sign up to be kept up to date. We have arranged the pompey trip already and have plenty more planned over the coming weeks-the web site has all the details

regarding the jpt final - is that from dublin? where are you staying, we are going to try and book a hotel together - ibis wembley is most likely. you should book with us.

I was also at pompey game - was also in Kingsland.

Thats absolutely brilliant- fair play to you for setting it up man. Just joined.

Yeah the flight is from Dublin-London Stansted. Leaving at 6.30am Sun Morn, back 6.30am Mon morning! Crazy hours but I got the flights for 30e return inc taxes! Couldnt go wrong really. Havent given much thought to accomodation and tickets just yet! I have a couple of mates in Southampton, 1 of which said he'll def sort me out with 1 ticket. There's 2 others going over with me too though, and they dont have such a luxury! Ideally I'd like to have us all together too. Delighted to have discovered this site though- I was only telling the lads over there last weekend how I thought I was pretty much the lone Saints fan on the Emerald Isle. Apparently not! You can count me on on attending at least 1 or 2 trips over for league games before the season is out too... finances permitting of course!

Fair play once again guys.

Thats absolutely brilliant- fair play to you for setting it up man. Just joined.

Yeah the flight is from Dublin-London Stansted. Leaving at 6.30am Sun Morn, back 6.30am Mon morning! Crazy hours but I got the flights for 30e return inc taxes! Couldnt go wrong really. Havent given much thought to accomodation and tickets just yet! I have a couple of mates in Southampton, 1 of which said he'll def sort me out with 1 ticket. There's 2 others going over with me too though, and they dont have such a luxury! Ideally I'd like to have us all together too. Delighted to have discovered this site though- I was only telling the lads over there last weekend how I thought I was pretty much the lone Saints fan on the Emerald Isle. Apparently not! You can count me on on attending at least 1 or 2 trips over for league games before the season is out too... finances permitting of course!

Fair play once again guys.

Good Man

i was there.... god damn brilliant and if my really short term memory serves me correct... around this time in 2007 we hammered wolves and went on a streak that got us to the playoffs...... dont want to tempt faith but is it happening again?!!!

Also, sat matchday programme had a section on walsall/saints in common.. ie players etc to play for both... under the heading "Irish International" was Chris Baird... what you think? was he an Irish Int. or Northern Irish Int.? They call David Connolly a former Irish Int..... makes it sound like the both played for the same Ireland does it not? Tiny detail but still......

On a different note but sort of similar... what you think of Duffy? Is it right a player not born in the Rep can play for the Rep?

What about this Tranmere game, i'm booked on the Belfast city - liverpool sat morn flight.

i was there.... god damn brilliant and if my really short term memory serves me correct... around this time in 2007 we hammered wolves and went on a streak that got us to the playoffs...... dont want to tempt faith but is it happening again?!!!

Also, sat matchday programme had a section on walsall/saints in common.. ie players etc to play for both... under the heading "Irish International" was Chris Baird... what you think? was he an Irish Int. or Northern Irish Int.? They call David Connolly a former Irish Int..... makes it sound like the both played for the same Ireland does it not? Tiny detail but still......

On a different note but sort of similar... what you think of Duffy? Is it right a player not born in the Rep can play for the Rep?

What about this Tranmere game, i'm booked on the Belfast city - liverpool sat morn flight.[/

Same flight as me and the mate.What flight you gettin home?What flights you booked for the Leeds game?As for Chris Baird i would'nt really read much into them saying he was Irish international.But the English should know he plays for Northern Ireland,after all he was in the team that beat them 1-0 in 2005!!!! lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Come on lads very quiet on here.Its our first trip to Wembley in years ffs!

COYR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I think we'll be pretty lively come Sunday mate! Does anyone have any suggestions for a bar to meet in near Wembley before the game (once I've been able to collect my missing ticket up from the Wembley Ticket Office that is!)

Oh I think we'll be pretty lively come Sunday mate! Does anyone have any suggestions for a bar to meet in near Wembley before the game (once I've been able to collect my missing ticket up from the Wembley Ticket Office that is!)

Wetherspoons.£2 a pint!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I know some of you missed the Yeovil game thanks to that Volcano..... Ryanair allow us to re-book flights, so I have re-booked mine for the Carlisle game.

In the event that restrictions on flights still apply on Saturday, there is an alternative.

Bus from Dublin to Rosslare on Friday evening (dept 17:30 arr 20:40)

Ferry to Fishguard (dept 21:15 arr 00:45

Train to Southampton (Dept 01:50 - Change at Swansea and then again at Cardiff Arr 09:02)

Train to Fishguard (Dept 19:10 Saturday, change at Cardiff, then again at Swansea - Arr 02:00 Sunday)

Ferry to Rosslare (Dept 02:45 Sunday - Arr 06:15)

Bus to Dublin (dept 7:30 arr back in Dublin at 10:50)

I know its a bit of a trek, but surely worth it!!! Cost Approx £120 Return, depending on Train costs in Wales and England.

• 3 weeks later...

Right folks a good season by Saints in my opinion.If we did'nt have the -10 we would be in 5th place and looking forward to another trip to Wembley.So me and the wee lad defo getting season tickets next season.Keep in touch over the summer lads and enjoy the World Cup.I hope England win it but i think Argentina might do it this time.Nearly forgot COME THE **** ON CHELSEA NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

So has everyone been enjoying the dull World Cup.Myself the wee lad and Belfastart are heading over to Plymouth at home and Bristol Rovers away in August.Anyone else doing these games?We will also be going over for the Colchester and Bournemouth games.

So has everyone been enjoying the dull World Cup.Myself the wee lad and Belfastart are heading over to Plymouth at home and Bristol Rovers away in August.Anyone else doing these games?We will also be going over for the Colchester and Bournemouth games.

give me a shout when your coming over, will be at most games again this season

Plymouth is on the box so will give it a miss but def (as long as I can get a ticket) will be going to the bristol game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I laid a Saints Shirt & Ireland Scarf at St. Marys and signed the book of condolance on behalf of the Irish Saints Supporters yesterday. Thought you guys would have wanted to do something.

Sorry I missed you lot at the Plymouth game, won't be at St. Mary's this weekend due work commitments but will definitely catch up with you all soon!

James

Right lads the season is 3 days away and there is only one person i have been in contact with over the close season.We are both going to the Plymouth game on Saturday with my wee lad.As the thread started a year ago WHERE THE **** YOU ALL GONE!!!

made the trip over from Dublin, but it was a poor game, hopefully better next time round