Confident about the appointment of new staff

cellone

The people now running the club seem the sort to hire the best candidate for the job and replace them if they realise they have given the job to the wrong person. I can't see them masterminding halfwit coaching set ups.

I don't think as the proud owner of something more valuable than it cost ML will let fools play with it and damage it.

Before he went I was ready to support Wotte because I hoped he would only stay if he got results and be sacked if he wasn't good enough.

The people now running the club seem the sort to hire the best candidate for the job and replace them if they realise they have given the job to the wrong person. I can't see them masterminding halfwit coaching set ups.

I don't think as the proud owner of something more valuable than it cost ML will let fools play with it and damage it.

Before he went I was ready to support Wotte because I hoped he would only stay if he got results and be sacked if he wasn't good enough.

Wotte's ending was sad for him, and we have almost all acknowledged what he did for the club during the darkest weeks. He must have thought then that every day was going to be the club's last. So it was a crucial decision by the new management to sack Wotte. His results simply weren't good enough and we all knew it. So I am hopeful that they will get it right and not appoint a manager who has a record of failure. We shall see.

The thing I notice most is that I no longer dread hearing Saint's related news in the media, even if I am not keen on the appointments I'll either be proven wrong or, well I don't think anyone would be here long enough to prove me correct in my doubt's.

It will be interesting if the whole club gets restructured. Will we be seeing new coaches in the youth setup? Hopefully investment will be put in to the youth academy and we can start building the scouting network up again. I hope Stuart Henderson gets to stay on, he has lasted through the years so must be doing something right.

But beyond Andy Oldknow, they haven't hired anyone (have they?) and the only person that has been sacked is Wotte. Given that ML only bought the club on Thursday, and Wotte had signed a new contract a few days earlier, it suggests to me that Fry awarded the new contract and not ML.

It is far too early to pass judgement on the new team

The people making the decisions are accountable at last. If Cortese and Oldknow make a mess of restructuring the club they will have to answer to the owner.

I would hope that simple fact alone will concentrate their minds and ensure a dynamic approach. I think that it will cause them to go for a successful track record as an essential criteria.

For that reason a lot of the obvious candidates could well fall by the wayside.