Games that just waste hours away

skintsaint

i am like the average game player...not really fussed and wants football management games to be accurate and simple

i have played most variations out there in the last couple of years

nothing comes close to Football manager and the previous carnations before that IMO

Fifa 09 without a doubt, have that whole "one more game" mentality which is never just one more game, its like half a season....

Other games Total War series especially the new one: Empire.

Forza 2 and a few other sports games like Fight Night.

Used to play Football Manager loads but got bored of it, just the same old thing every year with maybe 1 new type of text. Could probably just update the games files yourself and save yourself money. They really need a huge overhaul of the game, need to make it more quicker like how it used to be. Could finish a season in a day, now takes ages and ages.

To step aside from the FM debate...!

Agree with you on Total War - I've put a self-imposed ban on during week days because I can just lose whole days on this!! And I'm delaying buying Empire until I have at least a week's clear holiday.. Still working through the final factions on Medieval II

If anything, FM should scrap the 3D match engine as it doesn't really add anything to the game, IMO. It developed a core following because it didn't bother with the cheesy stuff and got on the the simulation of management.

The last FM I really didn't like, and I haven't played for some time now. I think they have started trying to add too many things that aren't needed.